strawberries

newmum

Reaction score
Yes or no? I gave LO a few strawberries over the last week and she loved them. But I got 'told off' by the whole of Switzerland (seemed like it) because apparently you are not supposed to give them to kids under the age of 2 because of allergies. Is that right?

Never really sure here because all my friends' babies live on pureed carrot, potato and apple until they are about 8 or 9 months :roll: :roll: :roll: and they think I am a bit reckless giving...oh chunks of banana etc

Yes you are fine. Arianna practically lived on strawberries when she was younger as she loved them!!

I used to give them to her whole or wizzed up with some raspberries for her to dip stuff in (like bananas etc)

Thanks :) I gave her some strawberries mashed up with some banana and it was the only thing she would eat all day.... :oops:

Dylan also loves strawberries - he holds them and makes mmmm noises while munching into them. It's hilarious if he drops it because he screams for it! I thought he may be allergic before because he had a rash all over his body so I waited until the rash had gone then tried him again with one and he was fine. I think as long as they're not allergic to them it's totally fine & healthy x

There's some odd things about what to not give LO's out there :lol:
Isaac's been eating them a good few months and loves them, just slice off the top :lol: Very best wishes :hug:

Thanks ladies. Think I am going to go with the 'English' way of weaning and leave the pureed-carrot-and-potato-until-they-are-I don't-know-how-old to the real Swiss people :)

newmum said:
Thanks ladies. Think I am going to go with the 'English' way of weaning and leave the pureed-carrot-and-potato-until-they-are-I don't-know-how-old to the real Swiss people :)

and i thought it was just the greeks that thought this!!!! :lol: :lol:

my in-laws sorta freak when I give Matilda anything that isnt like 'soup', my fil is worse and when i was giving her spag bol and it was only roughly chopped his face was a picture, I give Matilda strawberries, either mashed up with other fruit or pieces, though she tends to just mash it in her hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back