Strange Question But...

LisaJ1986

Reaction score
Me and my OH wanna move pretty soon. But we wanna rent. Very long story but that's what we've decided. Anyway, we kind want a fresh start away from here. It's been pretty messy and there are absolutely no jobs at the minute either.
So was just wondering where people are from and what rent prices are roughly. Not specifically your rent but a sort of average for the area. And also what the place is like iykwim?

Thanks.

we live in Hove and we have a 2 bed flat.we pay £750 pcm which im told is pretty reasonable xxx

Have a look on rightmove.com. You just need to put an area or postcode in and it lists the prices for you.

Good luck,

Claire x

Jeez Saffydreamer 750 for a 2 bed flat? :eek:

We have a 2 bed house, front & back gardens & garage for 45 a month - suppose we're in sunny Scotland

There are flats for rent in my street exactly the same as ours for £750 a month, thats 2 bedroom. The ones that have a garage, like ours is £800 a month!

Rent in Aberdeen is rediculous tho!

come live near me :) I live in a lovely area. We have a 2 bed terrace with back and front gardens and 2 parking spaces. We pay £550 a month but actually in the surrounding countryside (martham, ormseby, oulton) for about £600 a month you can get a 3 bed terrace, semi-detached, possibly even detached. Or in hopton (lovely village) you can get a modern semi with gardens, driveway, 3 beds, one en suite etc for about £600

i love where i live, (Norfolk) it's by the sea and the countryside!

hey,

i live in darlington and rent a 4 bedroomed house with off road parking and its £500 per month!

nice around here.... but only last week they raided a brothal 30 mins away from me (on foot) so if thats you thing too then come on to darlo hehehehehehe.

As for jobs .... I work at Orange call centre which isn't far from where i live - always hiring!!

I hope you mean £450 Vicki not £45 otherwise Im moving to Scotland! :eek:

I live in Swansea and pay £465 p/m for a 2 bed house with garden etc, in the town centre area. In posher areas of Swansea you would be paying a hell of a lot more than that.

Loola said:
I hope you mean £450 Vicki not £45 otherwise Im moving to Scotland! :eek:

I live in Swansea and pay £465 p/m for a 2 bed house with garden etc, in the town centre area. In posher areas of Swansea you would be paying a hell of a lot more than that.

:oops: Yip, I meant 450 not 45! :lol:

Suzie and Faith said:
come live near me :) I live in a lovely area. We have a 2 bed terrace with back and front gardens and 2 parking spaces. We pay £550 a month but actually in the surrounding countryside (martham, ormseby, oulton) for about £600 a month you can get a 3 bed terrace, semi-detached, possibly even detached. Or in hopton (lovely village) you can get a modern semi with gardens, driveway, 3 beds, one en suite etc for about £600

i love where i live, (Norfolk) it's by the sea and the countryside!

Was considering Norfolk as my mum lives there.

Thanks everyone. Wonder how far Darlington is :think:

I'm considering moving from scotland to hove area and the prices are unbelievable! I pay £400 for 2 bed flat but will be looking at £750 is in hove!

I found the site

findaproperty.com good as it give you an area breakdown including links and other peoples views of the area.

Good luck!

We're in Tamworth and we have a 3 bed in a nice area for £625, which is the best we found at the time and jumped at the chance. My old house was a 1 bed in town centre for £350 from a rubbish estate agents and our last house together was in town centre, big 2 bed but not baby suitable for £525 though that didn't have a garden or drive/garage (allocated space in a car park).

I would say if you are looking at the Midlands, Sutton Coldfield and Lichfield are expensive (but nice, obviously) and Tamworth is the compromise for them and a lot cheaper. There are places on the way to Nuneaton, and Derby from here that are lovely houses but unless you have a car you would struggle as public transport is scarce. Birmingham itself you can get some bargains, but make sure you really know the area first as in nice areas you can still get 'those streets'.. that seem nice but have the problems of the village all living down them.

I used to live in Shropshire (Telford) and find it pretty reasonable for house prices, though again there are good and bad areas. Also plenty to do, and easy to find work. Shrewsbury in Shropshire is expensive but gorgeous.

Hope that helps :D

I live in Looe in Cornwall its such a gorgeous place! We have a 2bed house/flat with small garden (its one big house spit into two) and we get it for £450 a month....which is stupidly cheap! Most 2beds around here are £550-£600 a month but it is a really nice place, we used to come here on holiday when I was little! Its a little seaside town with a nice beach and a quay running through the town:D The only downside is parking because you have to park about 15min walk away unless you want to pay ridiculous car park prices or rent a space that costs around £1000 a year. But tbh you dont really need a car because theres regular trains to Plymouth and plenty of shops in the town its self. Works easy enough to find here too LOL I really love it here :D but you wont wanna live here if your not a bit of a country bumpkin because you wont find it so fun and probs bore yourself to death!

Also Im from Somerset thats a nice place but expencive!

the house up the road from me is for rent at £95 a week.big garden,3 bed semi,garage and fairly quiet area seems to be about average for round here.im in s****horpe btw :D

helsekia said:
the house up the road from me is for rent at £95 a week.big garden,3 bed semi,garage and fairly quiet area seems to be about average for round here.im in s****horpe btw :D

Oh, sounds nice! I'm hooked on house hunting now! Lol

the house next door is for sale too £114,995.big garden,3 beds,central heating,double glazing good neighbours :rotfl:

im also down in cornwall, we have a 2 bed house for £300 a month with back garden and 15 min walk from the beach but as nickiclubs says cornwall is very laid back and very slow!!

£560 for a two bed, 2nd floor flat here. all rooms apart from my kitchen are a good size, but its basicly decorated throughout (apart from my kitchen which is cheapest of the cheap!!! and really badly layed out :wall: ).

we pay more for the fact that the transport links into london are pretty good really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back