Straining?

nori

Reaction score
Hi All,

As you may be aware from my previous posts, i have recently changed Ollies milk from SMA to Aptamil. I have also changed his bottles to Dr Browns AND im using Infacol.

Well since changing milk im sure Ollie is straining more (like hes waiting to go for a poo) and then when he does hes much more content. Hes having more dirty nappies than on SMA. Now when i spoke to my HV she once again said it was "normal" and that his digestive tract just isnt mature enough yet.

I suppose i just need reasurrence that others out there have babies constantly straining (im a bit warey of any bowel probs as i dint want him ending up like me!)

Claire x

Yep babies go very red faced and strain even for runny poops! It is normal hun! As long as his poops arent hard or difficult for him to pass! (stuck in his bum and you can see him struggling when you take his nappy off!) If they do get harder, give him some water and it usually sorts itself out! :hug:

If he was constipated hun it poo would look like hard like rabbit poo if you know what I mean. If he's having lots of dirty nappies then you have nothing to worry about - my LO goes red and grunts when she poos but she's not constipated, it's just her poo face :lol:

Think everyone feels better after a good poo, not just babies :lol: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back