Storing food. ?

Dee1985

Reaction score
Im trying to sort out Harleys feeding. hes got into a crap routine of only having weatabix rusks ready break and gags on veg.

but today i gave him butter nut squash and yesterday carrot and i noticed he likes it as long as its warm, so thats where i was going wronging i was giving him it cool :wall:

any ways.

i have just made up loads of butter nut squash and need to store it. i have little contairs so i have got 6 of them filled at the mo.

can i store them in fridge and if so how long for?

and ow long can they be stored in freezer for?
and once i need to use them can i just microwave them or do i need to defrost?

please dont laugh im new to all this :oops:

ps what age can they have egg from?

:D If I remember when my sis was doing this,she stored them in the fridge for 24 hours,providing it was fresh and not re warmed,she froze them for 1 Month.and always let them defrost at room temperature before warming them through.She did use a microwave for re warming if she needed to be quick,but did it in intervals of 10 seconds,with a good stirring inbetween,I think it only used to take about 20 to 30 seconds,otherwise she would stand the tub in hot water. :D

:D I have just looked on the FSA site and it says to avoid eggs in the first six months,because of the chance of an allergic reaction,but for some reason I thought it was longer than this :think:

I've found that ice cubes trays are great for putting the veg in and then just freezing but Harley will be on bigger portions so maybe just buy some small tubs from wilko or asda.I did the cool veg thing but soon learned that he likes it warmed up and not at room temp.
How did you cook the squash?

Arianna is the same - she loves veg as long as it's warm!! I cook everything and then freeze it in little tubs and just take out what I need each morning.

I put little lables on the tubs with what it is and the date that I froze them as I tend to have one day each week (usually the day I do the shopping so that the fruit/veg is still quite fresh) that I just cook all sorts of stuff for her and get it pureed and into little tubs

I've also found that if there is something that Arianna doesn't like if I mix a teaspoon of baby rice in it she will eat it fine - think it must take the sharpness off the taste.

Hope this helps!!
S. xx

yer like everyone has said put it in ice cube trays then 24 hrs later take out and bag the cubes up.

Then u can just pick and use all the different cubes, like pick and mix for babies hehe.

He sounds like a bugger like Ellis, he will only have his milk hot, not room temp!!! hehe

xxxxx

MAybe I need to warm Olivers food up a little more too? He will not have a spoon near his mouth. I am so worried of burning him i leave it untill its cold again!

Jade

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back