Stopping breastfeeding and periods returning

mummykay

Reaction score
Am totally confuzzled, Iv stopped breastfeedin Jam and have been takin the pill everyday continuously since he was born so what happens with my periods??

Do I stop takin the pill for a week for a period or just carry on and itl come when its ready?? :think:

Or tell me to see my doc lol :lol:

Any help would be greatly appreciated girls, ta very much!

:D

Have you been taking it without a break? If so then when you finish your current pack I'd have a week break before you start your next. Sorry if I've misunderstood though :)

So if Iv got 10pills left in this pack, do I finish them and have a pill free week before I start the next pack? What if I dont have a period? :shock:

Thanks Kina lol

Is it the normal pill that you're taking?

If you don't have a period then don't panic, it's been a while since you've had a break. I'd continue taking a pack, having a week break, then starting again for 2-3 months and if still no periods go and see your GP/Nurse.
Also some women's periods don't return for a while because of breastfeeding, I think the average age of the baby is 14 months by the time they return and I think Jam is about that isn't he?
It will probably take a little while for your hormones to settle, but if you're worried then it's best to get checked out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back