breastfeeding and periods

Hemera

Reaction score
how long until your periods return? I know everyone is different but Drake will be 3 months soon and i've not had a hint of a period since I stopped bleeding. just wondering when I can expect it to start. just know it will happen when I'm out and unprepared! lol

Oh I'm exclusively breastfeeding btw - think that can effect it

Last edited:
I'm also exclusively breast feeding and started taking the mini pill at the beginning of January - that made me bleed like a period for a week, lo was about 9 weeks old. Are you taking the pill?? x

Im breast feeding and didn't get a period til Caitlin was 7 months and went on 3 meals a day, so reduced the amount of milk she was taking

Owen is 8 months. I exclusively bf until introducing solids at 6 months and still bf now although his milk intake has dropped loads. No sign of a period though

I only breastfed for 4.5 months but didn't get a period the whole time, had the implant put in & still didn't have a period until LO was 14 months! x

A month after the lochia stopped, I was getting a "period" every two weeks that varied from 1 day to 7 days. Was checked out all was fine so they put it down to hormones. I had a heavier period on the 15th Dec then I've had nothing since. He is 7 months next week. I think it different for everyone though. Some people don't get one until aftertl they stop breastfeeding. I'm just unlucky ! Grrr.

Last edited:
No not on the pill yet. Want to wait till my body goes back to normal first. Wow so it could be bids away yet! That would be awesome. I was so regular before getting pregnant its very strange not knowing when the next one Will be

I've not had a hint of one yet either and also not on the pill, kind of nice!

I've not had a hint and I'm bfing.

I had my first one when my milk started to dry up at 11 weeks x

Still had none here, and my LO is 8 and a half months and going up to 12 hours at night with no feeding.

I've literally (tmi) JUST started my first! Came to post a thread about it and came across this so thought I'd add!!

Mine came back when LO was 19 weeks old. I was hoping for a little longer lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back