Stopping BF at 14 months

Kimi89

Reaction score
My son is almost 14 months old and I still offer him breast twice a day (first waking up and before bed). He will sometimes have it during the day, he will let me know if he wants some by pulling my top of making a certain noise. I would like to start weaning him off but not sure how to go about it. He eats 3 meals a day and has a good variety diet. He drinks water from a sippy cup during the day. As having milk at certain times a day is part of his routine should I offer him a different milk in his sippy instead? I’ve seen mixed reviews on both cows milk and follow on milk. I’ve seen some mums say the give alternative mills like soya or almond.

Hi kimi,

I’m still feeding my 9.5 month old but I’ll be looking to start gently weaning him from 1. From what I’ve read the best way to do it is don’t offer don’t refuse. I’ve heard a lot of people recommend oatley milk as an alternative? I might have a look into that or just try him on cows milk. You might find the night feed is the last and hardest to stop as he’ll look for it for comfort mostly! Xx

I fed my Dd until 1. In the end in had to abruptly stop. She didn't want to take a bottle at all and trying to cut down wasn't working so one day I just went cold turkey boob wise (naughty I know but thankfully no mastitis) and gave her cows milk. I wouldn't give my kids alternatives personally I go with cows

I breastfed just 6 months and then he had formula until 2. Cows milk makes him little bloated so he does not drink it at all just sometimes with cereals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back