stop bringing bloody bugs into the office!

tinselcat

Reaction score
Sorry, i need to get this rant off my chest :)

I am FED UP of those heroes i work with who soldier on valiantly with their work despite being ill... And then give their frikkin bugs to me!

Last week was my first proper holiday in over half a year and i spent most of it in bed with a cold for which i couldn't take medication and add asthma onto it it gets unpleasant

My pulse went upto 111 one time i measured it and more worryingly my temps were really high in the week that internet sources say is particularly bad for you to have a fever. I don't think it hit 39 deg as i didnt have a thermometer but i could kill someone if this has damaged my baby (last pregnancy my boss had german measles)

Now the person sitting next to me has come into work after going home ill yesterday afternoon cos he wants to get some work done. I wish he and other ill ppl would just clear off!!

Rant over! Thanks i needed that :)

Buy a mask ... And I actually mean it. Well it's easier for me as I work in the hospital but after the 2 weeks from
Hell that I had with a cold I would do it regardless where I work lol.

I feel like this too! The office has been passing around chicken pox not to my colleagues but their kids and obviously they are carrying it into the office and giving it to other peoples kids cos nearly all of them have said their kids have it now. I've already had chicken pox but I could still carry it and I'm so scared it could harm my baby. Just wanna book a week off work till it all clears up!

There is a flu bug going round my town and so far 3 drivers have come to work with it... touch wood i have not caught it yet but i will be fuming if i do!

I work with kids and they are always passing on their germs. I am dreading not being able to take anything for it too.
But is it true that if you get a cold whilst pregnant, you will pass on the immunity? So your baby won't ever get that cold again?

I have someone that flew back from the US today with the Flu

They work in my office so I am hoping they are too ill to come in (you know what I mean)

I have had the proper flu once in my life when iw as about 13 I and couldn't get up / eat or drink for a week. My Mum had to take me to the toilet and everything.. I lived on water and toast... I was nearly sent to hospital as I was so ill.

I can't be having that kind of nastiness anywhere near my blueberry?

Although I am kind of assuming it's more of a bad cold and if they do come in, they won't be contagious any more?

xxxxxxxxxxx

A lot of ppl claim they have the flu when it's just a cold so hopefully that's all it is.... I remember hearing a story: if you have flu, then you wouldn't be able to pick up a fifty pound note on the floor next to you, whereas you could if you had a cold!

Even so, let's hope our jetset companion doesn't go a step near your blueberry...

I keep moving seats on the tube when i find myself next to someone sneezing excessively!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back