help to go through night

LISAMJS

Reaction score
DS is 7 months old and has slept through the night about three times.

He is on 3 meals a day conssisting of 3 ice cube worth of fruit for breakfast, a 125g jar of food for lunch with a fromage frais then a 125g pot of food for dinner as well as another fromage frais.

He is breastfed 4 hourly during the day.

The past few nights he has been waking twice at night and I have been feeding him and putting him back in his cot awake and he normally goes to sleep.
I have had enough of feeding him at night and would ideally like my life back now as I am so exhausted now and have problems getting back to sleep myself - sometimes I have 3 hours sleep a night (on a bad night).

I fed him last night at 0130 and he then woke at 0440 and for an easy life I fesd him for just 3 mins in the hope he would go back to sleep. He did not. He cried and cried from 0445 till 0600 when I tried to feed him again but he just bit me. I am fed up. He is now wide awake and I am tired and grumpy. He just seems to feed really well at night and rubbish in the day.

Help appreciated

anyone??

I think I am going to do cc tonight. Normally when he wakes i go straight in but tonight I will leave him 10 mins and see if he can settle himself and if not I will take him into our room and give him water (is that mean??) then do cc till he goes back to sleep.

In my experience with my 1st child (who also never slept through till she was almost 2 :shock: :shock: ) i think it was habbit and this is why she was waking. When she was a new born everytime she cried we just gave her milk in the night and didnt try other things to subside her. So in my case feeding her too much in the night got us in trouble. I think you will probably benefit from controlled crying because if he really is hungry he wont stop. so i would see how that goes and try to determine if he actually needs these feeds in the night or if he is waking due to habbit.
Keep us updated and let us no how you get on with the CC.

thanks for your reply. I am sure he is doing it for comfort. As he is eating so much at night he feeds poor in the day so I am hoping it will take a couple of days to sort out. Any idea how long these things can take? Thanks x

im sure it will work out pretty quickly if you have the willpower and dont give in. Where as i would fail in that department i have no will power whats so ever so i hope you do well. It will be interesting to see what routine my 2nd child will fall into .......dreading it already

I had a nightmare sleeper too... I breastfed James until he was 9 months old. While I was still feeding him I was up at least twice in the night and get up time was anywhere from 4am; if we made it to 5, it was a good day. Like you, I got to the point where I was just exhausted. I think I had also got into the habit of offering boob as the path of least resistance.

Anyway, I decided to stop BF so at least OH could share the burden and I could get a full night's sleep. Lo and behold, 3 days after I stopped BF he slept through for the first time ever :roll: :D . I have no idea if it was coincidence or not but, omg, it was a miracle!

And OH got let off the hook. Typical, eh :think: .

Really hope things improve for you soon. It is horrible when you are so tired :hug:

If you are interested in a gentle option to Controlled Crying I could highly recomment 'No-Cry Sleep Solution' by Elizabeth Pantley. Getting results will possibly take longer than CC but her methods really work.

Good luck - do what's right for you :hug:

aww hun i have no advice but im sympathise 100%!!
jack have never slept through and im soooooo :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
ive started ofering water have you tried that? xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back