Still not told ?

tinytoes

Reaction score
Hey :) i've still not told my family that I'm pregnant im dying to tell them but we've left it so long that I'm actually nervous . I'm only 22 and am expecting my second . But I'm in a good relationship , we live together OH has a stable job and is going for a promotion ... surely they cant be too angry ? I'm like a bold child lol . Anyone got any advice about how to tell them ?

The only thing I would say is that when you do tell them, don't approach it in an apologetic way or sheepish. come out and be proud of it, maybe show them the scan picture and have a big grin on your face.

As long as they can see that you don't have any concerns and that you're fully prepared and wont need to rely on them, i'm sure they should be happy for you? Was this baby planned? If so, let them know that.

Good luck with it all

xx

put a tshirt on your little girl saying big sister and see how long it takes them to notice lol

The only thing I would say is that when you do tell them, don't approach it in an apologetic way or sheepish. come out and be proud of it, maybe show them the scan picture and have a big grin on your face.

As long as they can see that you don't have any concerns and that you're fully prepared and wont need to rely on them, i'm sure they should be happy for you? Was this baby planned? If so, let them know that.

Good luck with it all

xx

Your so right ! I reckon if I tell them this is a happy thing and we're delighted about it they will be too :) I like the idea of getting a cute big sister t-shirt for our little one and having a dinner maybe to tell them ?

You are not alone - I was a bit of a chicken when it came to telling my dad! So I told all my sisters first and my brothers girlfriend, followed by my mother over a period of a few weeks and told them NOT to tell anyone. Which was funny because they all didn't know that each other knew and kept trying to have secret conversations with me... hehe. Anyway a couple of weekends after that we all went out for a meal and basically they worked out that each other knew about it, so then they spend the rest of the evening dropping hints to the rest of the family as they couldn't keep it to themselves ( I knew this would happened, they get excited easily) Anyway my dad eventually got the hint. It was probably a bit stupid I know but he was so disappointed in me the first time I was pregnant at 17 that i was a bitty nervous about him finding out, even though I'm in a good relationship now etc something never change when it comes to your family.. p.s I'm 29 now.. lol.

Last edited:
it will let you see how observant(sp) your family are haha

I was 20 when i found out i was pregnant...it was planned march i had a MC so this time they were really pleased for me after what i went through last time, but very nervous for me too :) I'm sure they will be pleased xxx

Thanks and congrats to u too :) and good luck for telling your family when the time comes, I'm sure it'll all go fine! xxx

Last edited:
i was in a similar but different situation, im 22 this is my first baby and my parents are both very very strict, my dad even more than my mum!!!

so when me and OH got back from the booking appointment last thurs, my OH was ready to shout it from the roof tops but i still couldn't bring myself to tell anyone, so he talked me into telling my parents (so he could tell his dad who lives with us ... his dad has a brain injury so it already like theres one child in the house!) so i told them and i thought they were going to kill me . . . but in reality my mum was so shocked she still hasnt spoken to me about it, and my dad was amazing, hes been talking to me about it alot and is really happy for me and OH :) though we have been together nearly 4 years and lived together for nearly 2 so they should have seen it coming really!!!

parents, friends and other family members will always supprise you with there reactions but if your positive about it, how can they not be!!! and all good parents will support you nomatter their own feelings on the subject!!!

sorry for the length of the message, hope all bumps are well xxx

I'm 38 and still felt like a little kid telling them lol!! Had to do it though... we'd planned to take my folks out for a meal to celebrate by birthday, and the restaurant is just walking distance from our house. Had to explain why I wasn't drinking!
I'm sure they'll be thrilled for you :)
Xx

im 22 also, and this is my second!!! it was planned!:) my mum was brilliant both times i told her... but with my first even though my mum was fine, the rest of my family was a bit disapointed as i was 18 but soon got use to the idea, and wouldnt be without her now! i thought this time they would be the same! but they were soo happy for us! i think that we have proved to them that we are good parents and can look after and support another baby! everyone was really pleased! im sure it will go the same way with you! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back