Telling Family

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Yvonne, May 24, 2005.

1. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

Its me again,

I haven't told any of mine or my partners familes yet i'm pregnant. i'm 7 weeks i think ( not seen doctor yet) with my second child and want a nice/ different way to tell them. both sets of parents will be extremely happy so its not going to bother them.#

i was going to have the 12 week scan and get my daughter to hand out the envelopes with the pictures in to the grandparents, or maybe send them through the post with a little present.

Any suggestions?

2. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

Hi,

I think that's really cute! Maybe you could get blank cards (a lot of those discount bookshops do them) and get your daughter (not sure how old she is!) to draw a nice picture on the front or just write "A little surprise..." or something on the front... and then put the photo inside?

Cool!

+++

3. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply,

My daughter is one and a half but a dam good scribbler!!!

Good idea, infact thats what i'll do.

Cheers

:D :D :D :D :D

4. Rosebay

Ooh how exciting! Tell us how it goes!

+++

5. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

Hi Rosebay

Have you had your scan yet?

6. Rosebay

No (wail!) not until 20 weeks :x my health authority is trying to cut costs! I'm just counting the days until I'm 16 weeks as I have a midwife appointment and she's going to listen for the heartbeat- until then I'm still unconvinced that it's true!

+++

7. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

Thats terrible!!

I thought the 12 week scan was to check the date of delivery etc, mind you i have heard that before. we are lucky we get both.

Andy wants this 4D scanning done, i think its around £200 ish!!
    i'll have a think about it! :D

8. Rosebay

Yes, they said to me that as most women know the date of their last period and their average cycle length they don't need to do it. I was looking at one of those 3D scan websites the other day- it does look cool! My husband is really squeamish about inards though and can't even look at the various photos in pregnancy books so I don't think we'll be paying for one! The site was cool though- it had short films of the baby smiling and chewing and stuff :)

+++

9. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

when i was pregnant with Amy we only had the normal scan and i found that good enough, 4D scan things weren't out then so i dont see why we should have one really,
    But once Andy has his mind set on something its hard to get him off the idea!!! :roll:

10. jo jo

jo jo Well-Known Member

I think it is a lovely idea with the presents and getting your daughter to give them to the grandparents. i wish i would have read this the start of the week and i would have copied.