Still not able to leave him overnight!

xrachx

Reaction score
God you wouldnt believe he is my fourth, i havent spent a night away from him yet and i still dont feel ready, my mum keeps hinting and saying things like..."let me take him, it will give you a break"...i dont want a break though! jeesus! why do i need to "get rid" of him for the night like my sister keeps saying? its makin me feel awkward them saying all the time, i also feel like i cant ask my mum to sit for me for couple of hours cos i know she will say, "let me come and pick him up for the night" has anyone else been made to feel odd because you wont leave your babies? or is it just me?

i didnt leave Bray till he was 2 and 4 months and that was only coz it was after the engagement party n i knew i would need a lay in and recovery time
thats the only time iv left him and his 3

Ive not left Ellie yet & dont feed ready to either, dont let them pressure u hun :hug:

ie notn left jayde yet and shes 19 months i dread when i have this baby but dont let anyone pressure you hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I haven't left lil miss yet.... I don't intend to either. It doesn't feel right her in her own room let alone not in the house. Saying that she seems quite happy to leave me when Grandma came yesterday to pick Tia up for her Saturday night sleep over with my sister...lil miss was raring to go.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I can't imagine ever feeling ready to leave Brody overnight :oops:
When I go into labour this time if it's in the night or evening, my dad is coming here :oops: But I'm still dreading having to leave him or having to stay in hospital! Eeeek. :shock:

Thankyou! i knew i wouldnt be on my own here...lol they make me feel like a freak cos i dont want to leave him, i even make sure that when i go out he is fast asleep in bed and the pub is literally 8 doors away so i can be here in a min or two, i take him everywhere with me too, literally everywhere, lol he is my baby!...bless.x

I've never been away from Oliver, and I don't feel the need to either - everybody's obsessed with me getting a break when I don't feel like I need one! I have had one or two family members tell me to 'get over it' and just leave him, which is just because people want to spend time alone with him. Which I can understand, but I'm not comfortable with. I'm happy to back off and be in another room in the house while he bonds with grandparents etc. but I've had so many offers to watch him while I go out for the evening after he's gone to bed and I don't understand that one. Why does it seem to be so desirable to look after him when he'd just be asleep anyway? Slight rant there, but yes I've been made to feel bad for not leaving him (and even like a bad mum for being too clingy) - but don't be pressured into what you're not comfortable with, he's your baby and you'll know when you're ready :hug:

kelly...the clingy mum thing, i have had someone say that then laugh?? weird or what!

I havent left Maddison overnight and dont intend to either :? I'm dreading labour and having to leave Maddison too and praying I dont get kept in like I did with Maddison as I dont want to be away from her :hug:

xrachx said:
kelly...the clingy mum thing, i have had someone say that then laugh?? weird or what!

Yep, I get laughed at all the time for being 'too clingy' - but Oliver's happy and confident so sod what everyone else thinks :D

I've never left Alex overnight with anybody, and considering the fact that he co-sleeps and booby feeds all night, I doubt very much that he'd be happy being left with anybody overnight.

Maybe when he's older.

I had to leave Ani for two days last week as i had to go to the UK for a funeral, and there was no way i could take her with me. I hated every minute of it, hell, I hated leaving the other two and they are 16 and 10 years old. I enjoy having my kids with me. :shock: Wierd, I know! :lol:
:rotfl:

Lisa

I've never left Q over night - in fact even during the day he's only been left with hubby or the nursery - much to the in-laws disgust. However, I feel that as he only sees them about once every couple of months it would be extremely unfair to leave him with people who are pretty much strangers to him.

I do find it odd the obsession some people seem to have with the fact that I don't leave him with other people but like other posters I don't feel the need to "get away from him" as some of them put it. It seems a rather callous way to view my relationship with my darling boy that I would want to "escape" from him :?

Don't worry about it, i've never kleft wills overnight, and only recently left her until 3am on thursday when i went to my formal. :hug: I agree with kelly and CC, it isn't that big a problem :lol: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back