still no risk assessment at work !!!!

Reaction score
I told my employment I was pregnant at 14 weeks and my boss said she would carry out a risk assessment a few days later but this still has not been done! Then last week the receptionist who used to be employed as the practice manager but is now only the receptionist handed me a piece of paper and didn't tell me what it was for and asked me to sign this and then followed this with the remark "Im just covering my own bum" which I thought was very rude. I did read this piece of paper which had the basic risks but this was not discussed with me by the receptionist . Then today my boss's dad who is also employed within the company started to discuss some of the risks of being pregnant in work when I was leaving work and in the middle of the stairs where everyone was listening.............im not happy.

I feel this is a joke and there has got to be something I can do about this as I think this has been handled terrible.

rant over xx

I haven't had one at my work either, is it necessary in an office? I haven't really been told anything since I told them I was pregnant! Xxx

Me neither my boss said shed do one weeks ago and nothing!x

I've not had one. Just been told to approach them if there's anything they can do or that needs to be changed.
Do your own, if there's anything you currently do that needs addressing then speak to your manager.
I think workplaces don't always handle things well. Take charge of the situation and protect yourself. Xxx

I'm lucky and work for council and with my bleeding early on my manager has made sure she has completed a risk assessment in first and second trimester. Tbh most of it is re lifting and moving furniture for the parent groups we run. And she told me in third tri I'm not allowed in stationary cupboard in case I get stuck!

Talking on stairs and just shoving you bits of paper is very unprofessional! If you are worried I would ask your manager for a one to one meeting. Xx

yes it is essential that every pregnant women has a risk assessment carried out by their employment . I work within a dental practice so there is some specific risks ie radiation risk, mercury risk etc that can be very dangerous

x

I told my employer when I was 5 weeks, ive just finished for maternity leave 2 weeks ago, I still never had a risk assessment. Im a nurse in a hospital I kinda just figured it out as I went along I.e. x ray, radiation, mri/ctscanners and the use of certain gasses but I get mad now that iwas left to figure it out alone

I haven't had one done and I work in a nursery setting they don't really care.

I think you'll find it is a legal obligation for a risk assessment to be completed as soon as you tell work your pregnant! If your employer isn't bothered pull them up on it. They only get away with it cos we allow them to!

I got mine after I submitted my MATB1 form. I also work for the government so thought they would be a bit more on the ball. Ive since moved desks as should have had another but they havent bothered :roll:

I think it's ridiculous how employers can have this 'we dont care' attitude.

Mention that it's in their interest as much as yours because if something happens then they will be in the shit!

When I was working I had trouble trying to get mine sorted, it never did happen and when I left I contacted head office who carried out an investigation etc. They were not happy the manager hadn't done it.

So maybe speak to head office or HR and keep pushing. if you feel some things you are doing aren't safe just speak up :) xx

They're supposed to be done every 3 months are they? That's what my manager told me. They are very important and should be done no matter what line of work you're in, whether any risks are found or not. To be honest I'd take it higher up because what they've done sounds so unprofessional.

Ive not had an assessment! Which i think is very unprofessional of the workplace. I just cant wait to submit the MATB1 form and start maternity. The change in peoples attitude since ive been pregnant has been crappy!! Xxx

They're supposed to be done every 3 months are they? That's what my manager told me. They are very important and should be done no matter what line of work you're in, whether any risks are found or not. To be honest I'd take it higher up because what they've done sounds so unprofessional.
There is no-one higher up in my employment to take this up with as I work within a dental practice :( but yes I feel this is highly unprofessional x

I had mine at around 18 weeks. Despite telling work i was pregnant at 8 weeks, due to the nature of my job with was really heavy lifting etc.

My manager seemed scared to do it as he had never done one before. But it was very simple. To be honest, you do need a risk assessment so that your work can tell you what you can and cant do. Because if you do something that they say you cant, they cant get in trouble. But if they don't give you one, you can sue them. But.. only do what you feel u can do.. if they don't like it - tell them to do the risk assessment and they will soon change their mind as to what you can and can not do x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back