Work

Florajoy

Reaction score
Hi! I was just wondering if any of U ladies knew about our rights at work? I work as a gym/hotel receptionist, one of the gym staff is also pregnant and due to the work she has to do can't work in the gym anymore...so they have just given her half of my shifts! I am furious! the other part time receptionist in the gym is also pregnant and has lost no shifts and the gym worker has taken none of the hotel staffs shifts, just mine, when I questioned this I was told she has to be given shifts as she has threatened a tribunal if she doesn't get work, is there anything I can threaten them with!? I have been treated badly the whole way through this pregnancy at my work and I have never been off sick or complained, I think they just think I am a pushover! The other two pregnant ladies always complain, purposely book their antenatal appointments in work time (where as I take a day holiday) and are constantly signed off for being tired, it is stressing me out so much! :( any help will be gratefully received!! :( I just can't cope with losing that much money! Xxx

Hey Hun, how terrible for you. They deffinately have no right to just take your shifts away from you and give them to someone else. I am not sure about the company you work for but do you have an HR department? Also in terms of appointments by law you are allowed to take time off for all antenatal appointments, your employer may ask to see proof , so just show them your appointment letters. You do not have to use your leave. Hopefully one of the ladies here works in HR and can give you some better advice. Bottom line is what they are doing to you is not right and I am sure you can take this further. Hope you get a resolution soon x

I don't really know how everything works, but just taking ur shifts doesn't seem fair or right at all! I would definitely kick up to someone, maybe citizens advice could help you. Xx

Do you have a contract with fixed hours or are you casual?

You should perhaps go to citizens advice or check out the Unfair Treatment of Part Time Workers Act (or something like that!) and see if there's something in there that can help you. I found when I was raising concerns with a previous employer that adding in a quote from the relevant legislation in the letter worked wonders.

Hopefully it works out ok for you xx

They have to give her a suitable role if the position is there other wise suspend her on full pay. I'd ring acas to confirm xx

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

They have to give her a suitable role if the position is there other wise suspend her on full pay. I'd ring acas to confirm xx

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Not if she's a casual worker, which is why I asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back