• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

STILL having food problems! Please help :(

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
I'm still having trouble with Fi and her eating. A typical day goes:

BREAKFAST: Baby cereal - either apple and blueberry or tropical fruits (the sort of thing that is like flavoured baby rice)

LUNCH: One adult sized soya yoghurt, sometimes plain, sometimes flavoured

TEA: One pot of shop bought fruit puree, a bowl of baby rice - we mix the rice and fruit.

This is all she will eat.

If I give her any homemade purees she will gag and throw up.
If I give her any shop bought savoury purees/pots she will gag and throw up.

She will take finger foods, have a chew, then throw up.

She gags on everything :( I've tried all sorts of finger foods, veggies, fruit, toast, i've tried different ways of cooking, i've tried pureeing and not pureeing.

E.g. the other day I lightly brushed chip sized pieces of sweet potato with olive oil, roasted til soft, dabbed them with kitchen paper, let them cool.

She took one, munched a bit, mushed it everywhere, munched a bit more, gagged and up came everything she'd eaten all day :(

Please help, i don't know what I'm doing wrong!

have you tried the 7 month jars? they are lumpy so easier to digest i think?
not sure what else you can try are you sure none of the stuff she is throwing up has milk in?
xx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: try not to worry too much- up until they are a year babies get most of their nutrtion from milk. food is more about textures and tastes which she will learn soon enough.

why don't you PM Xena- I know her little boy Alex only eats little bits, or at least he did- maybe she'll have some handy tips :D

i had this with paris anything with lump in caused her to be sick and gag, we stuck with purees and did a mouth ful of food followed by a sip of water it was the only thing that worked

that sounds like a nightmare!

have you tried porridge? made with just oats and milk. Its not too sweet but not really savoury either.

Hi hun....I don't know about the throwing up bit...maybe it is just taking her a while to get used to the feeling ...Violet still gags sometimes and goes through fazes of not eating much and now she has a cold and is refusing food altogether!!

i found that when she is distracted she eats more. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing, but I find if she has a spoon in her hand, a breadstick or is playing with one of those stick on highchair toys she'll open her mouth and eat when she might have been previously refusing to. I don't know if you've tried it...if not give it a go it definately makes a difference for us and also letting her feed herself....like mini sandwiches, toast etc...but i see you've tried that.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Thanks guys.

She loves to eat and if I give her finger food she will take it and put it to her mouth but then she will gag and throw up. But even then she'll try going back for more! So it's not so much her not liking it.

I could understand her not liking lumps but she won't eat any veg purees, any jars that aren't just fruit.

I've tried things like apple and carrot but she just gags.

We tried her with the 'fruits and pieces' pots that C&G do and she was better but there aren't really any lumps at all, and again it is just fruit!

Gymbabeliz - I might get some porridge:) she might eat that if it's a bit like baby cereal. We have a prob with baby cereals as most have milk in - we have to get the ones you add milk to.

Manda - no, we always check for milk in things so i don't think it can be that xx

you can make porridge with either milk, soy milk, rice milk, or even water. Anjali cant get enough of it, and oats are a good quality food.

at the beginning caden would only eat fruit so i stopped giving him it.i think it was the sweetness he liked.have you tried mixing fruit purees (shop bought ones the organix ones are good as are ellas kitchen pouches)with mashed sweet potato and carrot?or any other veg.once i got caden on to potato i found i could mix in any veg and now he has cabbage and alsorts.

helsekia said:
at the beginning caden would only eat fruit so i stopped giving him it.i think it was the sweetness he liked.have you tried mixing fruit purees (shop bought ones the organix ones are good as are ellas kitchen pouches)with mashed sweet potato and carrot?or any other veg.once i got caden on to potato i found i could mix in any veg and now he has cabbage and alsorts.

was going to suggest the same - you could start with it almost all fruit then start reducing the fruit and increasing the veggies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back