sterilisers?

Em91

Reaction score
First time mum getting rather confused help?!

Hello ladies, just a quick question.

Looking at sterilisers and haven't the foggiest what i want, or need. A microwave or electric? Full set or buy it all seperate?

What do you have or are you getting.
Have found the Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Complete Starter Set for £140 on mothercare but seen it elsewhere on the net for £65 is it worth it?
Thankyou :) x

Last edited:
Philips-Avent-3-1-Steriliser < Thats what i am gettin and its on offer in mothercare at the min £39.99 and i have bought doctor brown bottles there ment to be the best and stop baby gettin wind and colic x

I have the Avent microwave steriliser and it's FAB! 200ml of water, 6 mins in microwave and it's done! Cheap to buy too x

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

To be honest hun don't buy a bottle set till you know you baby takes to them else your wasting money i brought alsorts of bottles for my son only to take to the cheap standard neck ones x

27 weeks pregnant. Team yellow x

We bought the Tomee Tippee set, £70 from Mothercare. This is our first child so we have not used it but both my sister in law and my close friend with twins have used it and they recommended it as the best.

I have this one
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-U...armers/MAM-Microwave-Steam-Steriliser(0084009)

I wanted a microwave steriliser as I can store it in the microwave out of sight and its not cluttering up the bench like an electric one.

I had both an electric and a microwave tommee tippee steriliser last time and preferred the microwave one. It was easier if we were going away too as you can use it as a cold water steriliser and lighter to carry.
My sister even sends hers when my nephew sleeps over, so I can do his fresh bottles :) x

Last edited:
I've got the Milton Cold Water Steriliser and it's fantastic! Easy to use, convenient, very straightforward and cheap!
http://www.milton-tm.com/english.html

Only downside with it is you need to keep buying sterilising fluid or tablets to make it work, but this doesn't bother me. A box of sterilising tablets cost £1.50 and you get a lot in the box.

I bought it after a bit of advice from my mum saying cold water sterilisers were a good choice to go with. I bought it but still couldn't grasp how to use it despite reading instructions. Then when I gave birth, I found that the hospital I stayed in also used Milton sterilisers, so that's how I learned how to use it :)

Last edited:
I am using the starter set you mention and find it quick and easy to use. I kept the item in my Amazon basket and bought it when it was reduced to £55 - bargain x

Ive got the tomee tipee closer to nature starter set - it was my bday present off my mil! :O

I have the electric Avent Steriliser which my OH mum bought last week for £7.99 in Morrisons was half price!!

Hey,

I found a really good deal at ASDA!
I went into Mothercare, the Avent starter kit thing, was like 68.99.

Went into ASDA, they had exactly the same one for 25.00!!!
It comes with 2 x 4oz bottles with flow 1 teats.
4 x 9oz bottles with flow 2 teats.
2 x flow 3 teats
Milk Dispenser for travels.
Thermabag.
Bottle Brush
Steriliser

For £25!!!

I've got the tommee tippee steam steriliser that I got from argos for £44.95 it came with 4 bottles, 6 little milk holders, a dummy and tongs xxx

Ive got the Tommee Tippee Steam sterilizer starter kit, it was on offer for £65 in Toys r Us

It came with 5 large bottles/ 3 small ones

The steam sterilizer/ travel sterilizer

Bottle/food warmer

Tongs/bottle brush

Dummy

8 teats

Milk pods for taking out and about and 2 insulated bottle holders

Personally ive always used steam sterilizers find them quick and easy to use x

You might be best getting something that has various bottle/teat options to go with it in the long run. Some babies are fussy as to what they will drink from, and after I finished bf DD she was reluctant to drink from the first bottles we tried her with. It took a bit of trying & testing before we found a combination that she would guzzle happily from.

Thanks all :) Have more of an idea now! xx

i got the tommee tippee set when it was half price.4 large bottles, 4 small bottles complete with teats, spare teats, dummy, brush, bottle warmer, steriliser and bottle bags.
reviews were good and was a fab buy xx

My SIL had to buy about 5 different types of bottles until she found one LO would take to. She told me that the best thing is to get a couple before LO is here, then at least you can buy more and wont have wasted money

It doesnt really matter which are recommended, each baby is different and like different things

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back