Staying in car seat

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
When we bought our travel system we were told that a baby shouldn't stay in a car seat for longer than 2 hours. Didn't think anything of it at the time but I am now finding that rule really hard to stick to! We live in the middle of nowhere so it's at least half an hour to get anywhere, meaning she can only stay in her seat for an hour before we go again - no good if we are out for a whole morning etc! I can lay her flat in the pram but it defeats the point of having a carseat that goes on the pram :wall2:
It's also difficult when we visit people - both my parents have dogs in their households so Lizzie has to stay in her seat to be out the way or we have to hold her in our arms if she needs to come out.
Do all you guys stick to this 2 hour thing religiously? Any tips for me - especially what to do with her around other people's houses where she can't lay on the floor? OH wants to start taking moses basket with us when we visit parents but it completely puts me off going out, it's too much of a faff :shakehead:
And surely the position she's in is the same as if she were in her bouncy chair, so should she only be in that for short times?

hello! i was chatting to my manager about this a few months back, she said the only place her son would sleep was his car seat and he used to be in it for full naps at a time, and through the night, hes now 7 and no problems with growth or anything like that, i think they literally have to tell you this stuff to cover their backs, no one can sue them if they have given recommendations! know what you mean about the car seat on the travel system, stupid really if you cant even use! x

I don't stick to this rule religiously. If he's asleep and has been in there for, say, 3 hours, I wouln't wake him just cos of how long he'd been in there. I think they have to put guidelines on everything these days just to cover their backs xx

I think its only a problem if you leave them sat in there for hours on end all the time, the odd few times wont do any harm :)

I also think it's only bad if they're staying in the car seat for hours and hours every single day x when we stayed at my parents house over Christmas we would cuddle Seb then if he fell asleep we'd pop him in his car seat then take him back out again when he woke up x

I got told its the same for bouncy chairs and carseats, depends on the type of bouncy chair though, some are flatter than others etc..

I dont pay attention to it atall, if she falls asleep in one of them i leave her to it, if she starts stirring then i will move her to her swing or moses basket depending what time it is, and she will re settle. But i aint waking her up just to move her Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back