Stay at home mums

Kina, I am sure they r at the terrible 2's already! I often think god help me if thats her at 7 months :oops:

One thing my HV did say that to me is that because she cries a lot in the house but is ok outside, she is needing mentally stimulated constantly which is a good thing, as she is a clever cookie. :shock:

I get offended with the whole "she needs to be constantly stimulated" as if I dont sit and play with her or nothing, or she has no toys :twisted: 2 b honest as bad as it may sound, I have purchased nearly every vtech and leapfrog toy possible for her age to try and get 5 mins peace, but no, conquered them all,can turn the pages of her baby einstein books etc, there's no challenge now! :wall:

I am hoping that she will calm down a little, like you i was hyperactive as a child and could never sit still. i am finding these traits in Rebecca- u mite c urself in Ella too :rotfl:

It will get better :pray:

Well I used to get dressed at a very early age, let myself out the house and wee on people's doorsteps (plus nick their milk) apparently. Can't remember any of it as it happened when I was around 2-3. God knows why my mum didn't secure the house better!

I can do an activity with Ella at my mums house and she responds really well, but if I try to do the same thing in my house she's not interested.

Hopefully our children will grow out of it and we'll be laughing when the others go through it at 2 :wink: But somehow I can see we will be wrinkly, grey nervous wrecks by that time!!!!

:hug: Kina, I also didn't realise how much Ella's behaviour is getting you down.

What's Ella like round babies at baby groups ? Does she hit them as well or is she the wee angel? You are right, they play up for the main carer because they feel secure with you and we aren't a novelty - they are so used to us!

Ella isn't a demon baby, I think she is frustrated at the moment - I read recently that they get angry because they are just about to master new skills and they are annoyed that they can't do it!

I agree with the others, if you work through your issues with trusting others to care for her then it's going to give you some time out to re-charge, then you will be coping better when Ella is acting up.

:hug: It's going to be alright honey, you will cope with two kids close in age because Ella will be able to do more for herself when the baby is born and also because we all adjust to our new circumstances and get on with it. Don't get me wrong I think it's going to be a hard job but it's a temporary period of hard graft then the baby will be doing more things and growing up as Ella will be also.

Always here if you need a chat

Lucy x

Thanks Lucy hon :hug: Have just been feeling so down about it all :(

DH is helping come up with a plan though to sort things out, so hopefully soon things wont seem so awful :)

K X said:
I get offended with the whole "she needs to be constantly stimulated" as if I dont sit and play with her or nothing, or she has no toys :twisted: 2 b honest as bad as it may sound, I have purchased nearly every vtech and leapfrog toy possible for her age to try and get 5 mins peace, but no, conquered them all,can turn the pages of her baby einstein books etc, there's no challenge now! :wall:

A wee tip that might help Kx....

It doesn't matter how many toys we throw at our babies - they tend to always want something else.
Someone once told me, to never give my baby more than 3 toys at a time. All 3 toys should be presented in a tray-like plastic box. All the other toys out of sight. It really does work. Too many things become confusion for them. Try it....

Another way to calm your baby down, is to blow bubbles whilst the house is quiet and you're also talking quietly. They focus on the bubbles, trying to catch them..... relaxes them nicely!

These work for us - give it a try and let me know how you get on.

Emilia xx :wave:

Kina.... I'm sending you hugs!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Emilia xx

Emilia - that bubbles thing sounds good - might try that on Heidi!

L x

Hi

I love staying home most days but then again other days i wish i had help or could get away.
The part i miss the most is money i make myself not money Bernie makes feel like crap asking for money to buy him somthing.
Guess we want the best of both worlds
Katrina

i wish i could be a SAHM. i think that both side of the coin bring different challenges. work is good sometimes cos i have some time to think clearer etc. but it takes alot of organising and i want to be the one to teach eva etc.

Well Tuesday and Wednesday she was really good, which coincided with the fact she napped for over an hour and a half in the morning. She was in a fab mood all day :cheer: Today she napped for 45 mins and has been really really grumpy :?

Guess I need to work on these morning naps!

Oh Kina, i had no idea hun.
I was offline when you posted this, and have just been it.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
You have had so much on your plate and being early PG too, no wonder your finding things hard work.
Thinking about you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Hels hon :hug: I'm feeling more positive now (helps that I am not so nauseous!). Last week was a bad week, have realised I've just got to get on with it and work at sorting things out instead of feeling sorry for myself! We've sorted mealtimes out and now she feeds herself pretty much most of the time, the only things I feed her is her porridge and yoghurt. This seems to have stopped her feeding tantrums :pray: I've accepted we have to go out in between her morning nap and lunchtime, which helps a lot and in the afternoons she's pretty happy with me at home, either scooting around or I fill up her huggies bag with different things so she can explore that. I have also started using the tv more :oops: as it's really nice to be able to prepare tea and watching a bit of Cbeebies isn't going to kill her. But I've got to say there are some very weird presenters on that channel!! :rotfl:
Hopefully now with getting over the first tri the worst of it's over, it's been bloody hard work!! :shock:

Hi

hun your doing a fab job. Hope you get things settled soon .
Katrina :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back