starting to think about getting a pram

inky

Reaction score
My car is tiny, I've got a Ford Ka and was just wondering if anyone knows of a pram/pushchair/travel system that would fit into the boot of a small car? I don't really have the money to get a bigger car right now, and can't get away with not using the car as public transport round here is zilch. Any ideas?

I havn't got any ideas sorry. Could it be worth going somewhere like mothercare and saying youve got a small car and get them to show you what they all look like folded down?

Im getting the Buzz 4 but with the seat extras (cot, seat ect) its quite big folded i think. But Im going to look for an astra or something, last one I got was only £400 and its got loads of room in the boot!

I had a think about it after posting and I think I'm going to see if I can perhaps 'borrow' a display model and just see if it fits in the carpark! Not sure how accommodating staff will be to that though! I want to see how practical it is in day-to-day use rather than just taking the salespersons word for it...they just want to make a sale after all

Definitely do this Inky and then go searching online for it cheaper :lol:

hahaha great idea Mamafy!

Try going to babies R us, they tried one out in the car for me, they were very helpful

Mothercare World brought out display models of car seats to try in my car so I bet they would with prams.

I have a Bugaboo Bee which is suitable from birth and folds in one piece - pricey but IMO worth every bean. That's one to try in your boot if it's in budget :)

Oh and the Maxi Cosi infant carrier clips on the wheels so you only need the chassis when you're just nipping some where for a couple of hours :)

^ Merv's mum is it true that the bugaboo bee doesn't recline completley flat? xx

^ i think i have finally decided that i WANT this pram :D they have a bugaboo bee+ coming out in april.

I've got a teeny tiny Aygo and i managed to fit my sister in law's Buzz 3 in the back of mine. Only had to pop a wheel off and away we went. I'm not too keen on 3 wheels though so definately going for the Buzz 4. Mothercare are normally really good at finding prams to fit cars. My friend was there for hours pestering staff to try different prams! Haha! I cant wait to go pram shopping!
The Bebeconfort Loola is meant to fit in small cars as well. That's my back up choice! X

Definitely do this Inky and then go searching online for it cheaper :lol:

hehe just what Im doing right now, saw one I loved in Mama's and papas today, last seasons so running out of stock fast. Currently bidding on one off ebay after the sales assisstant spent half an hour with me explaining how it work! Poor woman.

I bought £100 worth of clothes though so dont feel too guilty, and Im not buying the car seat attachment 2nd hand so will go back for that!

if your car is small your probably best going for the car seat which attackes to a chasis. however a lightweight chasis would be best as you can manouver it easier into the boot, nothing like trying to squeeze something into a boot when it weighs more than the car.
you could always measure the clearance space in the boot and then fold them down in the shops
happy hunting :D

I actually brought my pram yesterday, I got the buzz 3 in the end cause it was on offer in Babies r us, for £290. But it does fold completly flat if you take the wheels off (which can be doen really easily). Deffinatly one to took at, and the people in the shop let me take it all apart and have a good old play. Would be fine for a small car I think.

i have exactly the same problem. we just have a small citreon c2. the boot is ssooo tiny! we wudlove a bigger family car but cant really afford. so looks like we gotta find a really small folding pram.i prefer the small looking 1's any.i have seen a few i like aseen that they foldsmallin the shop.i'll showu

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercar...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42803041&mcb=core

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercar...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-U...llers/Graco-Symbio-Pushchair-in-Slate(0068319)

Last edited:
Mel Ed - the My Choice 4 is an excellent pram - great value for money but I wouldnt say it would go in a small car very easily. You'd need to check.

i think you'll be amazed what can fit in a small car! i've got a britax pram, cant remember what the model is and that goes in my fiat panda, which has the smallest boot in history!! just a shame i have to have my double in the front seat cos it wont go in the boot :lol:

Oh this thread is making me worry!! I went pram shopping with my mum last week and we're going back to try some out for size today (just as soon as my OH gets back from Stranrear with my car). Looks like it's going to be fun trying to figure out how to fit everything in. I fell in love with the Silver Cross Deluxe Sleepover on the Linear chassis but by the sounds of it will prob fill the boot alone (new style Ford Focus) and then there's the dog! Thankfully we do have two cars, the other is a Fiesta which the sleepover will def not fit into! But I don't think we'll have baby in there either as it's more of an old runabout and will be changing it for a bigger family car soon hopefully.
Nevermind choosing a pram, it's the car that's the scary part!!!

I just haven't had the time to look for anything yet other than a few snatched evenings on the internet, my Nan is very poorly in hospital :(

Anyway, one of the travel systems that's caught my eye is the Petite Star Zia 4:

http://www.mothercare.com/Bundle-po...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=71451031&mcb=core

I've read bad reviews about the Zia 3, but the Zia 4 seems to be a lot more stable, with far better reviews:

http://www.testfreaks.co.uk/pushchairs/petite-star-zia-4-travel-system/

Obviously it won't be perfect, but being limited in space I've come to realise it's a case of getting the best I can for the best value for money!

My only other problem now is the bloody seatbelts, apparently Ford Ka's are well known for short seatbelts, which I'm already finding out in the drivers seat, I don't think it will fit me in a couple of months of time let alone get a car seat in :( I haven't looked yet but I'm hoping there is such a thing as a seatbelt extender!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back