• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Starting to get organised

Spammy

Reaction score
Oh so after deedee and taffy scared the life out of me my talking about packing hospital bags I went out and bought the following today!!!

For me:
A nightie
Some huge pjs
Some breast pads
Some maternity pads

Still need to get:
Toiletries

Will pack:
Hair brush
Make up
Music
Book
Snacks

For baby:
5 vests
3 sleep suits
10 newborn nappies
Wipes
5 bibs
Sudocreme

Need:
Coming home outfit

Please can anyone help and tell me what I have forgotten?!

Thanks girls!

more nappies? dressing gown? knitted cardi hat and scratch mitts for bubs? blanket for bubs?

cant think what else and dont have any experience of what people ACTUALLY use xxx

Thanks jules. Will add to my list!

Slippers, socks as yr feet will freeze, some goodies incase u dont like the food, phone charger xx

Here is what we have for mine and babies:

Me:

Maternity Pads
Washbag including travel shampoo and stuff, I also included a flannel.
Towel (I was told the towels at the hospital were scratchy and small)
Disposable knickers x 10 pairs
Cotton Knickers x 4 pairs
Socks - Flufy for if my feet get cold
PJ's x 2 just in case
Dressing Gown
Lip Balm
Top for the pool - Strappy - Primark £2
Hair Ties
Hair Brush
Nipple Cream
Make Up
Going home outfit
Maternity Notes
Oil Burner - with Lavendar oil
Kindle
Music

Baby:

Nappies x 20
Bag of cotton wool pads asda own
Baby Gros - Newborn x2, First Size 2, 0-3 x2
Sleep suits - As above
Scratch Mitts x 2 pairs
Hats x 2
Going home outfit
Blanket
Burp Cloth
Muslin x4 (was told to take this many by a friend who had a baby last week)
Socks
Nail clippers
Car Seat

OH bag:

Kindle
iPad - he likes Angry birds and the wtaer game thingy with the dragon
Snacks
Spare T Shirt
Spare Jeans
Camera
Phone Charger
Spare Change

Didn't think I should pack the kitchen sink just in case lol :)

my bag is full of random bits must look through properly every list i look through is mahoosive yet the list i got given at antenatal was minimal. Sooo confusing.... x

I used to work on the naternity unit so any questions what u need feel free to ask xx

Wow bella!!! I think I need a bigger bag!

LOL we have 2 bags one for me one for baby and then one small travel bag for OH, can't have him feeling left out :)

tbh I probably won't need half the stuff but I feel reassured that I have it there should I need it :)

A lot of my space is taken up by towels as I am having a waterbirth so stuff from home will be reassuring :)

Last edited:
Thanks Wilson.

There is something iv been wondering!! Someone suggested I should take bottles and formula but I'm not sure if I should cos I'm planning to breastfeed? What do you think?

I'm not taking them, I am also planning to breastfeed so I don;t want anything there that might encourage me to take the other route of formula feed.

The place I am having babe they work with you to get them to breastfeed anyway so hopefully it all goes to plan :)

As the breastfeeding counsellor said the other day, it is not a natural thing for the mother to do it has to be learned :)

So in answer no I am not lol :) I'm in a rambly kind of mood today, can you tell???

Ha ha. Thanks Bella. That's what I thought. I don't see the point in taking all that when I have boobs! Ha!

Exactly.........boobs = food of the gods for babies :) xxx

I have just put in a HUGE order online for toiletries and stuff! It feels very real now. I've got little travel sized toiletries so that I can pack them all now.

Random things I bought - glucose tablets, a little spray bottle for putting water in and cooling myself down, massage oil...and I think that's about it apart from all the obvious things that other people have mentioned.

Bella - your list is amazing, am totally stealing that! xx

Hospitals provide milk hunni and even breast pumps if your struggling so dont worry, however keep massaging your boobies to keep tissue and milk sort and the will help towards feeding, if you find it hurts to much to breast feed go on the pump, working at jessops in sheffield i learnt quite a bit, breastfeeding is best however it doesnt always work out :( xx

Bobbles, headband and a fan!
When I'm hot I hate having any of my hair in my face :)

Not all hospitals provide milk as many of them now promote breast feeding strongly. Certainly where I gave birth they didn't (didn't matter to me I breast fed)

Also a while back I posted a thread about what I put in my bag. Having given birth last week I think I got it right-certainly didn't miss anything while in there

Only thing that wasn't on list but I took was a portable changing mat. Most hospitals don't have mats and it's not nice trying to change baby on your bed if there's any accidents!!

I'd also suggest stocking up on maternity pads for when you got home. I bought 3 packs of 10 and took 10 to hospital. This was fine as I actually used there's whilst I was in. But once home I used 2 at once (for extra padding) so had to get more quite soon after due to bleeding

Thanks beckyboo. I have a pack of 50 maternity pads and I shoved the whole pack in my bag just in case. I'm guessing I will be bringing most of them home if the hospital provide them but I don't want to take any chances as don't know how much I will bleed!

our hospital doesnt supply milk or formula so im havign to take all mine in with me, you dont even get a blimming nappy x

Sorry for scaring you hun, but I am impressed with your list. I've got to the stage where I have the bag and the bits to put in it, just can't bring myself to pack it. I've heard lip balm is important as a lot of people have said their lips really dried out and a flannel for when you get hot xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back