Starting to buy

robtans1st

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

Was just wondering when you ladies started buying things in preparation for your new arrival? xx

ive not started buying stuff as such, but got alot of stuff from DS

the only reason ive not got every thing thought is only coz im skint as ive just moved hehehx

I have ordered a pram and car seat already. (mothercare babyplan)
I pretty much have everything else already just need to get a swinging crib but i will get that around 31 weeks.

I know its still abit early for me to start buying yet, have already been given a few bits from a very good friend baby monitors etc just wasnt sure when people start buying more than the odd babygrow or vest! Want to be prepared to not too keen!! x

I started just before I was 20 weeks and so far have:
Nursery furniture
Travel system
Moses basket & stand
Breast pump
Bottles, strerilizer etc
A few blankets & clothes etc

I like to be organised ;) xxx

I only got mine early because they were on sale. otherwise id only have a baby blanket. With my others i waited untill 29 weeks to buy things.

I'm currently faced with the same dilemma, I can't wait to start buying things & not really sure when I should start! I've resisted so far, not even so much as a babygro bought....I think once I start I won't stop :)

I'm now thinking once I've had the 20week scan I will start baby shopping! I'm already being given a crib from my sister, my parents have bagsied buying the cot & I've done some push chair & car seat research. The main thing holding me back is knowing where to put it all once I've got it, need to have a de-clutter first!!

I'm starting after my next scan :) (next friday) so I know whether I'm buying for a boy/girl :) so that'll be 23 weeks xx

I bought 2 little babygrows in sale last week and when in TK Max I saw a baby carrier (the kind you strap to yourself) reduced from £25 to £7.....well, it would be rude not to lol. I already have most of everything I need from my son so no real rush for me. I did take pram out attic to check it over and so pleased I did cos it was covered in mould but I have rescued it with Milton and its come up like new. Its sitting next to me in livingroom and feels very real now lol. I will wait for more purchases afer 20 week scan.

I started buying things after my 12 week scan! think me and my mum got a bit excited as it is her first grandchild! but im on a budget so wanted so get things gradually, so far we have bought...

Travel system
bottles and steriliser
few white baby gro's, vests
changing bag
toiletries like baby lotion, shampoo, baby bath, wipes
2 Grobag's- bargains off ebay!

Alot of it has been on offer or in the sale so bought them. We also have alot being given to us like a cot, moses basket, baby monitor, play gym, high chair, bouncy chair.

I have a pram but it was given to me rather than bought, I'm waiting until after the 20 week scan so I know if getting girl or boy things and because I need to declutter the house as no room at the moment!!!!! Although oh started picking the nursery stuff this aft off the mamas and papas website, he has a spreadsheet with list of all the items and prices!!!!!! Bless him think he's gonna be more organised than me!!!

We've got most things, only cause we go away for a week in May, so want to save as much as we can that month to take with us, plus we've got quite a ew birthdays in May too.. Didn't want to leave it until June to buy things just incase he's a bit early! So we bought most things in Feb/March time :)

Last edited:
we are doing fairly well with our shopping now, we mainly need the smaller bits now really, and a few newborn bits etc

we ordered furniture and pram at the baby show in feb as we got good deals

then most other things I waited till after my scan so we knew if we were buying girl or boy things :)
then once I had the scan I went a bit mad lol

our furniture is being assembled today, then I know i am going to want to go to mamas and papas and get a load of the nursery bits, im terrible for things like that :)

i think you will find that you hit 20 weeks and suddenly want to buy things, it gets harder and harder to resist when you go out.

Oooooo I feel embarrassed now. I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and have pretty much loads already!!

I had an early scan at 8 weeks and after that turned out ok, my parents and aunties have gone a bit crazy. My mum is putting together loads of little bits like a hamper style thing every time she goes shopping, like baby shampoo, talc, cotton buds, wipes etc. My aunty can't resist each time she visits asda buying some sort of little outfit, be it a pack of bibs or babygro's. My mum bought us a moses basket and stand that was a fab deal and we bought a cot about 3 weeks ago as it was a steal at £90 from £250 from Mothercare. I've also saw pampers on offer so bought a pack of newborn nappies and also box of baby wipes - 12 packs for £8.... you just can't turn your nose up at deals like that!! (Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)

I'm a bit early, but need to spread the cost, so really needed to start as soon as I could xxx

i started collecting little things like nappies, wipes, baby shampoo, lotion etc after my 12 week scan! i already had a bouncer chair, steriliser, and car seat. i bought my pram a couple of weeks before my 20week scan! (because it was on offer) and now i have bought a couple of blue outfits / vests. and have been offered a cot so got quite a few bits really need to get my list and cross stuff off so i no exactly where im at!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back