• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Standing up and walking (Aided)???

Kas

Reaction score
Hi my son Kaiden is just over 5 months hes been able to stand for the past month and hes walks about in his walker, jumps off my lap to stand and tires to walk just a few steps when hes holding on to your hands. I explained to my HV the other week that hed started to do this early and she said as he was really big it was ok and that he was just a bit advanced, well last night i was at my sisters house and her MIL said oh no dont let him walk in the walker hel end up wiv bowed legs, i felt real bad, but shes told my sister tons of old wifes tales and shes never had her daughter away from the doctors. What age are they allowed to stand and walk at? he can sit up and hold his head unaided for a long time, and if i make him sit he screams snd pulls himeslf up, what do I do? :wall: XKelX

i think you should just let him do it hun there is no way you will be able to stop him now even just try having have little breaks inbetween walking around but im sure his legs will be fine :D

Rubie can walk while I hold her hands and she stands up all the time on my lap. I just let her because I think, if she can do it and wants to do it, she must be ok doing it??

Yeah thats what i think if he couldnt stand then he wouldnt even bother trying his legs are very strong and hes got more muscle on his back than my OH has LOL, i keep looking at legs and their poker straight, il just keep letting him get on with it then, thanks for you advise XkelX

ruben loves to stand, and my HV said it's fine. apparently the "bow-leg" thing is just an old wives tale! :D

matthew is good at standing and can bear his own weight really well, whereas my niece is a month older and all she wants to do is bounce?! all babies are different i let matthew stand and sit and roll around if it was dangerous or hurt them they wouldnt do it would they!

i thought they could only get that leg thing really young B was in his door bouncer then and taking most of his weight!!

As said, you cant stop him. Its not as if you are making him do it. He might even do it for a while and then stop for a while. You will probably find there will be something that other peoples kids are doing that he wont be for a while because he will be too busy doing this,

mines didnt walk till 18 months but can nearly hold a conversation now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back