stage 1 food

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
ive started stocking up on it cos tesco has it on offer :oops: :rotfl:

ive got 10 x hipp meals and 10 hipp deserts/brekkie
10 c&g meals and 10 c&g desserts/brekkie

also some rusks and brekkie cereal

is there anything else i can stock up while ive got money lol

is heinz baby food horrid ? is there any particular popular flavours out there?

and why cant i find hipp baby rice anywhere yet ive got free samples in bounty pack !

dont get Heinz tins, they go all watery and you will end up chuckin em and the Heinz mums own are awful too especially the fish mornay... :puke: ...stick to the cow and gate ones and the hipp ones, they are the best ones (well we think so anyway.x)

Heinz is gross and full of chemicals. I think if your going to use jarred food for weaning then cow and gate anf hipp are good choices. I find hipp actually tastes like its description on the jar!

Cow and gate baby rice is vry nice and one of the best ones out there, though there are other organic ones too in tescos.

I think you have got some good stuff there and I wouldnt worry about it all yet. The finger food stage doesnt really really start till 6 months.

just being orgainsed , loosing so much money from wages to ssp and with 800 rent to still pay i dont want to boy to loose out , this month last month im getting my wages ya see so stockin up on all sorts :oops:

as for cookig myself , im such a bad cook i dont know if im gonna dare :rotfl:

I'd definately recommend Cow and Gate and Hipp. Heinz mums own = minging. But then everyone's different. Also I found Cow and Gate baby rice was good but suggest getting flavoured ones.
Re: making your own food... I know I should but it's just not practical for us at the moment, specially as we are moving next week and not sure on the freezer/fridge/storage situation at the moment so don't feel bad about using jars.
I do recommend making your own fruit purees tho. It really works out a lot cheaper and it's so easy. Banana goes down well with Ryan and it's so easy to just mush it up or blend it. 1 banana does him a whole meal. If you are buying fruit tubs, as great as they are, check the best before date - I've had some hipp ones which don't have a very long date on them, I don't know if that's because they'd been on the shelf a while or if that's just how long they last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back