Spray tans at Salons....

Loola

Reaction score
Anyone use/d them? Im very fair skinned but I want to look a little bit more 'glowing' for my wedding which isnt until August. I dont want to use a sunbed, and Im crap at applying fake tan myself so I was thinking of having one of those all over spray tan things done where you stand in a booth and get sprayed all over. My biggest fear is looking ridiculous obviously, does anyone know if there are different shades of tan to choose from? Has anyone ever had a nightmare with them, turned out orange/streaky etc? Is it really drastic? and how long did the results last for you?

I probably will have a test session sometime soon, when Im not in work for a week so no-one can laugh at me! but if anyone can give me some good advice I would be grateful.

Thank you in advance for any replies! :)

DONT go for one of the booths for your wedding day!!!

Go somewhere where someone sprays you, thats ALL id ever have. No they dont really have different shades, if you want it slightly fadded, then get it done 2 days before your wedding (assuming a shower on both days) instead of the day before. Go get one done hun, then see what it looks like the day after (always after a shower) and then the day after n after etc... till you are happy with the colour! :)

i went to a spray salon ...the 1 where i went they had different shades 4 different skintones
i didnt go streaky just make sure u exfoliate day b4 to get rid of dry bits!! xx

i had 1 done at debenhams for summers christening, have it done a few days before the event as you need a couple of showers to get the colour right, they do different shades etc depending on what you want, i just wanted a healthy glow

Thanks for your replies :) So you definitely didnt look orange or streaky then?

I think Ill give it a test, If I dont like it I can hide away in big winter clothes and get some white face paint :lol:

why dnt u try it about a month or so b4 then u will no whether to have it done nearer the time
and if it does go streaky im sure they got this lotion to correct it :think: x

U'll be fine, if its done right, and you exfoliate and moisturise then it will look fab!! Before and while you have the spray tan that is...!

Hi, i have had two.. the first one was a total bloody disaster. It went patchy and covered my clothes and then when i showered it off the next day it came off in patches and i looked a right idiot. The second one was better, it didnt go orange or anything but wasnt that dark either.

The best ones you can have are either Fake Bake or San Tropei, both have really high ratings... like the others said though dont whatever you do have it on the day. I would leave a good 4 days before the event just in case it does go wrong and then at least you have enough time to soak it off in the bath.

I use a sunbed, i love them though i know you dont want to use one.... its not a bad idea though, you wont do your skin too much damage if you moisturise and just go on twice a week and you can be sure of not having any disasters and control the colour depth you want to go to.

Id steer clear of DIY fake tans though, i use them but i wouldnt like to reply on one for my big day!!! lol.

Good luck :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had St Tropez at a salon sprayed on me by a 'person' 2 days before my summer wedding, I looked like Id been tangoed on the day but after 12 hours I showered and it looks like its all going down the plug but I was left with the most gorgeous subtel sheen and glowing skin, it made my teeth look really white as well!

I loved it, it evened out my skin tone and everyone thought Id been on sunbed, Id recommend it, it was brill! After the wedding you might find around the feet/elbow areas it goes a bit orange but use some toothpaste and gently rub and that takes off any excess. Full body spray is about £35, worth evey penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a St Tropez done in the summer and it was great. It was one where a person sprays you. They advise you to exfoliate the day before and don't wear any deodorant or anything to have it done. The woman put moisturiser on my knees and elbows and then sprayed me. It was good as you stand in a giant fan type booth so you don't choke on the fumes as they do it. You have to leave it on over night and then shower the next morning. Before I showered I looked like an Oompa Loompa but afterwards it was brilliant. They recommend you have it done 2 days before an event so that the colour is right.

I am really pale and she did spray me less so that I didn't look too different (she asked first). I bought the daily moisturiser too and that helped to prolong the colour.

I would def go for St Tropez if you can, my mum has had a few and says this one was the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back