Spotting?!?

Kay1987

Reaction score
Hiya, im almost 6 weeks pregnant and last night noticed a tiny amount of brown blood and some again 2day, i read that this can be normal in early pregnancy but as i never had anythin like this with my son, its really worrying me. Trying to get an appointment to be checked. Has any1 else had anything like this is tri 1? x

I havent had it hun but if your really worried why dont you see if you can get a scan? or at least phone your midwife for reassurance spotting can be completely normal xxx

Last edited:
Ive rang NHS 24 as ive not actually been 2 the doctors yet to be referred 2 the midwife, i found out i was pregnant just b4 i went on holiday and only got back yesterday so cant get 2 docs till monday. waiting for a nurse to ring me back and im goin 2 ask her 2 get me in 4 a scan. fingers crossed its nothing to worry about. x

Just spoke to a doctor, she says its a threatened miscarriage and 2 rest all weekend, if it stays the same to ring the early pregnancy unit for a scan on monday or if it gets worse 2 ring her back and be seen 2day. Hopefully it will hold of and scan will show a healthy baby on monday. x

I had the same thing at 7 weeks and had cramping too, they sent me for a scan and everything was fine. It came back a few weeks later but i just left it as i heard its very normal. Went for my scan on Thursday there and everything is fine. So try not to worry as its very common in tri 1 xx

Just spoke to a doctor, she says its a threatened miscarriage and 2 rest all weekend, if it stays the same to ring the early pregnancy unit for a scan on monday or if it gets worse 2 ring her back and be seen 2day. Hopefully it will hold of and scan will show a healthy baby on monday. x

Hey hun,
I had spotting first at 4 and a half weeks. I called NHS 24 and was also told it could be a threatened miscarraige or nothing to worry about :eh: had more spotting twice after this and its a horrible scary feeling. Baby was fine and healthy at my 12 week scan. And all seems fine now. But I would recommend calling EPU on Monday anyway,midwife told me that any spotting needs to be checked. Although when I had spotting I didn't have a midwife either.
Relax as best you can, ie rest, try and distract yourself anyway you can. And hopefully its nothing. I know how scary it is and the sinking feeling you get when you see it :(

BIG :hugs:

Id try and get in sooner, but as the girls have said its most likely nothing to worry about xxx

Thanks guys, reassuring to know that its happened to other ppl and its all fine now, now i think about it i think my sister actually had bleeding in early pregnancy and the baby was fine. your totally right pinkymum, as soon as i saw it i felt sick and just assumed i was loosing the baby, only time will tell i guess but feeling a bit better about it now. x

it happened to me on my ds only the blood was bright red and lots of it it happend 3 times in total and was caused by a bruise on the wall of my womb all was ok though i dont think they scan weekends though most hospitals dont

ooo that sounds pretty scary. yeah i think that why i need to wait until monday, i remember when i needed a scan with my son i had 2 wait over the wkend aswell. thanks 4 the replies, will let u all know how i get on on monday. x

well spoke 2 EPU thismorning and they said ive got 2 wait another week before they will do a scan as i will be too early 2 show much. Its going to be a long wait, just having 2wait the wkend was long enough. x

Sorry ur having to wait hon. I bled 3 times this pregnancy and am sat here a few days off 40 weeks now so fingers crossed. If ur 6 weeks u can pay for a private scan to look for a sac - won't tell u huge amounts but if ur struggling to wait the week it's an option. Got everything crossed for u hon x x x

im going to see my doctor again 2morrow because it was a doctor that told me the scan woud be ok at this stage but its the midwife at EPU that has said no 2 the scan. Im going 2 look in2 a private scan, thanks Karen. x

I know it's hard hun but the best thing you can do is relax and rest. Stressing really will not do you any good.

Spotting is very very common in early pregnancy and the majority of women go on to have very heathy babies.

x
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

arghhhh cant even get an appointment with GP, this is doing my head in now! looked in2 a private scan and by the time i can get an appointment i may aswell just wait for NHS to scan nxt wk. x

Would your midwife not refer you? you would get one the same day i did when i had my mmc xxx

I dont have a midwife yet, didnt get 2 register pregnancy at doctors because i was on holiday for 2 weeks just as i found out i was pregnant. so thats why ive had 2 use NHS 24 and ring direct to the EPU. x

i had spotting, threw out my pregnancy with my little boy and hes 2 now hehe

im pregnant again and started with very light yellow/brown spotting again, the other day no pain.....i rang my midwife who told me to arrange an app with doc of which i did, he give me an quick feel n said every thing seemed fine an the only way he would send me in for early scan would b if he thought it was ectopic, which he didnt think it was, he then said he would write to the scan department at hozzy an move my 12week scan forward, but told him not to bother, (whats point in that)

you do some times get a bad reception of these people as they dont realise how much you worrie,

any way ive got an app with my midwife on the 8th december anyway for my bloods if im still spotting or it gets worse in the mean time ill ring bk other then that ill just wait, its hard but you have to look at it this way what will be will be weather you have scan or not, well thats way i manage with it x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back