Spotting scare again!!

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Well I had a scare this week. Really thought it was the beginning of the end! On tuesday, I noticed my sore breasts not so sore again. This had happened before so I didn't think anything. Woke up Wednesday feeling happy as can be and skipped off to work. 50 mins into work and desperate for a wee, ran to the loo only to find pink on the tissue when i wiped :shock: I waited a moment and checked again and there was more!

I came out of the loo like a ghost and immediately phoned my GP's surgery and asked to speak to a dr where the 'charming' receptionist told me to phone back an hour and a half later I practically screamed that I was 6 weeks pregnant and bleeding down the phone to her so she put me through to the midwife who told me "Oh dear, I'm afraid this happens to 1 in 4 women...there's nothing we can do to stop it" I was in flood of tears. So I asked her was she trying to tell me it was a misscarriage where she told me probably and to go home and lie down and go to A+E if it gets significantly worse.

So I left work and lay on the sofa sobbing. Finally I couldn't resist the urge to go to the toilet again and when I wiped...nothing. I waited all day for more, but nothing. I had since phone the EPU at the hospital and got a scan for yesterday morning.

So, yesterday morning, I went in to EPU...had no more spotting. They put me in for a scan telling me that at 6 weeks they expected to see a growth in the sac and maybe a yolk sac.

They sawa growth in the sac, the yolk sac, my baby and the heartbeat!!!!!!!!
My baby's heart is beating!!!!!! It was the most amazing thing to see!!

I don't have to go back now until my 12 weeks scan. Apparently the spotting was just a normal little bit of spotting.

xx :cloud9:

Flopsy hun, so glad your ok hun and you got a scan to check everything was hunky dory, had the same scare myself a couple of weeks back so know what you went through. Take good care xx

you had a few of us worried not being around x

aww wow i bet seeing the heartbeat was the best feeling ever after all you have been through on this pregnancy :) really pleased you got to see your baby does it feel more real for you now?

aww glad everythings ok honey, i had that the same thing at the start of last week - some scary spotting. I went to the doctors and they basically said theres nothing they can do. They didnt even give me a scan!! Its stopped now and i think everythings ok but i wont get to know until 12 weeks :-( x

That must be such a relief for you! I'm sooooo pleased everything is ok hun.
I had bleeding when I was pregnant with my son & I know how great it feels to see that little heartbeat on the screen!!!!
Here's hoping you have a very uneventful (on the bad side of things) pregnancy.
Enjoy it as much as you can, so many people spend their time worrying & it's best for both you & baby if you can relax & enjoy the moment.

Big hugs - Sunnyb xxxx

Glad everything was ok hunny, you can try and relax a little now x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks girls.

Midnight, no it still doesn't feel real! :)

Cherelle, phone your local hospital and ask to be referred to the EPU and ask them for a scan. That's what I had to do. I basically phone and said that I had spotting, it's my first pregnancy and I'm terrified! Thehy put me in for a scan the next morning. They don't do anything unless you push them. Hope everything is ok.

xx

Phew, glad you and your baby are ok!!

How exciting that you saw the heart beating!! That means mine Bubba's should be beating now too seeing as we're 2 days apart! lol

So pleased you're ok hun! :)

xxx

thanks hun i will do, i did practically demand a scan at doctors but was told they dont do it unless its more urgent :-(

im seeing my midwife in morning so will speak to her about it too x

That's a good idea! My doctors are absolutely useless. The EPU told me I had to book in the midwife visit at the GP as they couldn't do it there and the GP receptionist told me I should have done it there!! :wall2:
xx

i guess you dont get anything unless you make a fuss nowadays! I just cant wait to be in tri 2! x

Me too! Tri 1 is scary!! I am looking forward to getting a bump too! It will feel more real then!

xx

i have aa bump :-s dont know how i have one already! had a flat tummy before so expected to show early but not like this! no way of me hiding it now x

Oh so glad everything is okay Flopsy, and great that you got to hear the heartbeat too must have been so reassuring x x

Oh Flopsy I'm over the moon for you! So happy that you saw your little bean and the heart pumping away! I can't wait until your 12 week scan when we can all ogle over some piccies of the little troublemaker :D

xxx

So pleased everything is ok :hug: I know how scary spotting can be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back