spotting or AF

jacquidube

Reaction score
Hi. Just wanted to know how much the spotting people talk about is actually spotting. Does it mean that they have little spots of blood or is the spotting alot less like a normal flow? Just wondering myself because my period is not due until Weds. I am on day 24 today but this morning I started to bleed and the bleed lasted for 2 hours then it just stopped. that was 5 hours ago and still nothing. Could this be the start of AF starting early or could I be just spotting. I have no AF cramps like I usually get each month and my boobs are really sore. The bleeding this morning was just like a normal flow which lasted about 2 hours but was fairly light.

Would be greatful for any information.
Thanks girls.
Love Jacqui. x

ooh hun maybe its implantation bleeding is af normally on time? good luck to you xxxxx
not heard from u in a while hows the situation at home now hun any better???
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Rach.

Surely it cant be implantation bleeding.....like I said only BD once this month. I was so worried, said to myself....YES........my period is here then it stopped 2 hours later and now nothing. Really worried now, boobs are really sore, they usually stop hurting as soon as AF arrives.
I have seen my husband a few times but my feelings for him are no longer there. He has even stayed a few nights but slept in seperate beds.
My stomach is really bloated too like i have eaten loads.
My cycles have been irregular though since my M/C in Aug. last month they were at CD27. Strange this is, this has never happened before, maybe it is worry.
How are you Rach?......Still having sleepless nights and are you still missing your ex but most of all are you staying strong. I dont have to stay strong anymore, cant even look at him so that helps.

Hiya Jacqui,

We haven't heard from you in a while, wondered how you are getting on.

Sounds like implantation bleeding to me, that's exactly what I had before my AF was due. I had a brown discharge but it only lasted for a couple of hours in the afternoon and then nothing in the evening or subsequent days.

I normally get spotting before my AF so I thought it was that but when it stopped, that was a sure sign that it wasn't normal AF spotting.

I don't think spotting is literally spots of discharge/blood but it's certainly not comparable to an AF type flow either - very hard to define really.

I'm still having my spotting/bleeding, it's quite heavy at the moment, driving me nuts.

It only takes once you know Jacqui - fingers crossed for you.

hi jacqui like bagpuss said hun it only takes once :)
still missing my ex but things get better every day although 2moro could be a different story hes calling in when i finish work to pick up a few things :( am trying to stay strong i even have a date for friday :shock:
in my condition lol can hardly believe anyone would want to date me at the moment while im pregnant and he knows im pregnant and still wants to see me so who knows i will keep u informed lol... i had a date last week and chickened out at the last moment but im gonna try and make myself go this time think it will do me good to get out of the house im starting to get really depressed stuck at home alone all the time :cry:
good for you keeping strong hun i know how hard it can be especially at christmas xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jacqui [and everyone else!!]

HOW ARE YOU??? I miss you!

Yes as everyone says.. defo could be implantation bleeding..

when did you ovulate? what cycle day?
if the spotting is between 7-10 days after ovulation it really could be implantation!! HOW exciting!!

When I was preg in July I spotted on and off for 10 days which now I realise was more likely due to polyp or cervical problems I am now aware of but the spotting was very light.. just a pinky / brown watery blood.. just like very diluted blood. NO clots. This time I don't know either as I spotted on 12dpo but I think that was due to them messing about with me during the colposcopy as it lasted a couple of day... so to be honest I don't know if I had any implantation spotting this time either!!

Not much help I am afraid!!

But as the others have said.. it is supposed to last only a few hours.. 1-2 days max ... and if you had a temperature dip at same time then it is likely to be Implantation...

when will you test.. maybe a xmas bfp foryou!!

sorry to hear about OH.. but if you are feeling oK about it all then it shows that you don't need him and you will be fine without him.. I am proud of you Jacqui cos you deserve better!!!!

Rach.. sounds like you are being strong too.. good for you too!!! as you said.. each day you will both get stronger and with your little bump to remind you of what / who is really important [you and your bump!!] you will find the strength to be brave.. the right guys will come along for both of you but remember to love yourselves MORE!!

xxxx

Jacqui.. go buy a test and let us know!! I test 3 days before AF was due and it was very feint but positive nonetheless!!

Hi Anna Marie, its lovely to hear from you again. I havent been on a while, just sorting my head out really.

I am too scared to test because I dont want the disappointment and if it is negative I wont believe it and I will test again and again......... its never ending.

I started spotting this morning, little tiny spots of blood mixed in with a brown...yuk....dirty looking discharge and I have just checked again and its just a brown discharge which looks old. I dont feel sick or anything, just really sore boobs probably like what you experienced. When I run up and down the stairs they really hurt and especially when I touch them.

I have no idea when I ovulated but I do think it was on day 10 or 12, i usually do ovulate pretty early. As for temps I dont temp because I am always waking at different times. I have noticed though that I am out of breath and I only walk from one room to the next :roll:

Hey Rach so excited you have a date on Friday....you go for it girl, you deserve to be taken care of and treated right. As for me I am very happy on my own for the time being, well untill I get lonely. Lots of hugs for you and be strong............

Love Jacqui x x x

hi jacqui hows things going???

have u tested yet hunny??

Hi Sarah, no I havent tested yet. I dont really want to because it does look like AF is on the way even though I am just spotting tiny tiny bits of blood now. I dont even have to wear a pad, it is sometimes there when I wipe but not everytime. Its so odd isnt it, I have never had spotting before. Maybe AF playing tricks with me.
Will keep you updated though, I m starting to believe myself that it could be a pregnancy but thats me. I will be so embaressed now to find its just AF....lol

Love Jacqui. x x

hi to you all!!!

i think you are so strong all of you!!!! and i can not belive you not tested yet but i also understand that feeling of not wanting the disapointment and doing loads more tests just to confirm the same thing bfn. but i have to say your bleeding sounds irregular so i will be thinking about you tommorrow so good luck to all of you! and just so i can join in im having problems with my husband aswell!

love to you all

sarah x

Best of luck jacquidube, hope you get your BFP

xx

good luck jacqui.. i wudnt be able to not test , lol

xxx keep us updated

Couldnt resist and had to test.........just had a feeling and I didnt think I would have enough pee to go on the stick but was dying to test so forced it out of myself...lol

Well Got 2 very very strong blue lines ( used the clearblue digital ) So its definately a BFP for me. So excited. Cant believe how many are pregnant this month in The over 30s thread.

Bit scared though because only miscarried in August. Gonna make an appointment straight away at the docs......

Love Jacqui. x x

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm so happy for you, you deserve it!!

I got a bfp yesterday too...... after m/c in August.

I am very nervous but trying to relax. Would be nice to hear from you again. I hope you are resting!!

Lots of Love
Davinia.XXXXX

CONGRATULATIONS XXXX

we needed sum more BFP's

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO happy for u bothxx

As i said on other thread Jacqui.. I am soooooo happy for you.. it just goes to show that when you are least expecting it ... a BFP is around the corner!!!!!

Great to see that those of us who lost our beans earlier this year are getting our BFP's again.. Hi Davinia.. good news for you too I see!!!!!!!!!

So thrilled for you Jacqui.. remember to stay strong and positive and all will be well.. xxx

congratulations again

when are you gonna tell DH?

x

CONGRATULATIONS jacquidube and Davinia to you both and your partners:) Have a healthy pregnancy and enjoy it and throw some baby dust to the rest of us xxxxx

Bev :p

Hayley I will Tell DH after 12 weeks.....I am quite strong so should be ok.
Just posted on August babies Anne Marie.
Petrified I am. Havent been to the loo for hours. Have got really sore boobs and a pain on my right ovary and niggly cramps, I dont feel sick though but i think hcg levels must be quite high because the blue test lines were really strong and I am on day 27. Going to doctors to see about progesterone or if i can take baby aspirin and for them to check my cervix.

Congrats to Jacqui (again) and Davina!!!

You're right about the over 30s thread. Am hoping that my hanging around in there will pay off soon too!

Work with a guy who became a Grandad for the first time last night. He was totally made up. Awww.

Hope you both have a happy and healthy nine months. Send some of your Baby Dust Magic to the rest of us!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back