Spinning 6 weeks after birth ??

Sparklisam

Reaction score
I've got my 6 week check today and if all is well I want to get back to the gym. I want to go spinning as did this pre pregnancy. Anyone go back this early ?? I know I'm going to have to take it steady for usual post pregnancy reasons and the fact I had an episiotomy.

Thanks x

I was playing netball after four weeks - I had episiotomy too. If you get the go ahead and feel ok then go for it - like you say just take it easy at first x

The Physiotherapist had actually says not to exercise for a couple months due to the fact that your stomach muscles wont have gone back into place yet and you could damage these by straining them too much.

If you really wanna do something - try a light exercise DVD in the house. I was a total gym addict told no body attack, combat, or LBT for 4-m.

xxxx

I'm back at the gym. Spinning, circuits and body conditioning. I started 8 weeks pp and have had no probs with my episiotomy scar x

I did my first class back on Monday. Forgot how uncomfortable those seats are lol !!! Next day no issues and next class tomorrow. Bring on the pre-pregnancy body (if possible ha) !!! Xx

Yeah the seats are horrid!!!!! I'm with you, so ready to get my body back!! It's hard though!!! Xxx

I was told that for first couple of months you should only do what you were capable of in the last couple of months of pregnancy

I started back at the gym at 5+4, lo is now 9 weeks & I'm there 3 times a week working with a personal trainer & doing spin & running. I've got a horrendous 2.5 stone to lose! I feel better than I did before tbh so if say go for it!x

I put on 3 stone and was lucky enough to loose nearly two of that two weeks after he was born. I've got the other stone to loose but I like my food so find eating healthy difficult so like going to the gym. Got my 3rd spinning lesson tomorrow. Taking it easy and hoping I'll get back down to 8.5 stone in the next few months !!! Well done u tho :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back