Spinning

Looby82

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I just phones my Gym and the guy there told me Spinning is too high intensity for me to be doing in the first 12 weeks. He said most Dr's say its ok but he'd recommend not to. He was great and said he'd do a low impact routine for me in the gym.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm actually quite upset a I love exercise!

Thanks

L xx

Yeah spinning is far too intense for pregnancy!

Don't be upset, u can still go to the gym and exercise but u just have to be more careful and do easier exercises. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

My doc said no cycling for first 12 weeks...x

I'm just swimming at the moment. I used to do a step class, body combat and body pump every week. I'd do a class every other night. I havent been since the day before my 2ww and I'm gutted. I'm going to try and do some low impact stuff but i will miss my classes :( xx

I know how you feel cosmic girl. I've gone from 3 times a week to nothing! Feel positive though that they can put a program together for me and I might try aqua aerobics!! Xx

I stopped spinning when I found out I was pregnant, I agree it's abit too much to be doin whilst pregnant :) x

drop the weights too! as far as i know any low-impact thing is ok, like swimming, cross trainers and rowing machines until your bump gets too big

My midwife and my spin instructor told me to steer clear.... Gone from two 1.5 hour classes a week, IIT twice a week, and teaching Karate once a week to using the cross trainer at home and walking.... It's a annoying and my fitness levels have dropped but I don't mind as long as the baby is OK x

I'm a spin instructor normally but gave up as soon as I got pregnant. It's high intensity and causes body to heat up too much. It can be done with really low speed and low resistance but I just don't see point in doing a spin class if I'm not literally peeling sweaty clothes off afterwards lol Am missing it so much and it's gonna take long time to get fitness back but I'll get there. As long as baby is healthy that's all that matters now :)

I wouldn't! I thought playing on the xbox kinect was too much for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back