Spinning

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Looby82, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Looby82

Looby82 Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies,

I just phones my Gym and the guy there told me Spinning is too high intensity for me to be doing in the first 12 weeks. He said most Dr's say its ok but he'd recommend not to. He was great and said he'd do a low impact routine for me in the gym.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm actually quite upset a I love exercise!

Thanks

L xx

2. Jayjay027

Jayjay027 Well-Known Member

Yeah spinning is far too intense for pregnancy!

Don't be upset, u can still go to the gym and exercise but u just have to be more careful and do easier exercises. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

3. mrs v

mrs v Well-Known Member

My doc said no cycling for first 12 weeks...x

4. Looby82

:) Thanks girls. Xx

5. cosmicgirl

cosmicgirl Well-Known Member

I'm just swimming at the moment. I used to do a step class, body combat and body pump every week. I'd do a class every other night. I havent been since the day before my 2ww and I'm gutted. I'm going to try and do some low impact stuff but i will miss my classes :( xx

6. Looby82

I know how you feel cosmic girl. I've gone from 3 times a week to nothing! Feel positive though that they can put a program together for me and I might try aqua aerobics!! Xx

7. Young Mum 21 x

Young Mum 21 x Well-Known Member

I stopped spinning when I found out I was pregnant, I agree it's abit too much to be doin whilst pregnant :) x

8. Lynds77

Lynds77 Well-Known Member

drop the weights too! as far as i know any low-impact thing is ok, like swimming, cross trainers and rowing machines until your bump gets too big

9. Karate Kid

Karate Kid Well-Known Member

My midwife and my spin instructor told me to steer clear.... Gone from two 1.5 hour classes a week, IIT twice a week, and teaching Karate once a week to using the cross trainer at home and walking.... It's a annoying and my fitness levels have dropped but I don't mind as long as the baby is OK x

10. Butterflykisses

Butterflykisses Well-Known Member

I'm a spin instructor normally but gave up as soon as I got pregnant. It's high intensity and causes body to heat up too much. It can be done with really low speed and low resistance but I just don't see point in doing a spin class if I'm not literally peeling sweaty clothes off afterwards lol Am missing it so much and it's gonna take long time to get fitness back but I'll get there. As long as baby is healthy that's all that matters now :)

11. babyem

babyem Well-Known Member

I wouldn't! I thought playing on the xbox kinect was too much for me!