Fussy Eater

Springbaby4me

Reaction score
Now before I start I know I know that everyone is going to tell me well you just have to eat them but its easier said then done.

I have a serious problem eating my veggies, always have ever since I was 2 years old, and it hasnt got any easier throughout my life (I am now 28). Since I have found out I am expecting (which we are so thrilled about) I have been trying really really hard to eat veggies with my meals.

But feeling sick becuase of MS is just killing me and the thought of eating something I dont like cause I have to is just so hard. I broke down crying last night to hubbie cause I feel so guilty that I am not eating the right foods but I am finding it so hard. Every meal time is a challange for me and I dread even thinking about it. He is very supportive but he keeps telling me I really must try has hard as I can for the baby, it so upsetting no one knows how I feel.

Can anyone relate to this at all?

dont know why the little sunny face popped up that should say I am now 28 lol

aww hun dont feel to bad. at the moment i cant eat anything not hungry or just dont like the look of it.
im guessing you like fruit so just have 2-3 smooties threwout the day (you can buy a smootie maker for about a teena now) then you will be getting your 5 a day i dont think (but dont qote me on this) that it matters wheather you get it from fruit or veg just eat what you can hun.
anouther idea if you eat things like shepherds pie casarole chuck some very small chopped up bits of veg in it and there you go your getting your veg :D
good luck
manda x

Can you not eat lots of fruit instead? Will you eat mashed potato? If so try mashing in some carrot or swede

thanks for your replies girls, I am eating loads and loads of fruit. Also got a smoothie maker for my bday last week so going to start using that too. I do hope it all works. Thanks again for the replies :hug:

As long as you are eating fruit I wouldn't worry too much. Are you taking a prenatal vitimin supplement? That could help :D

yep I am taking pregnacare. I think I am getting what I need but its everyone else around me that seems to think I should be eating more, it really is quite frustating. Thanks for your help though girls I just needed to get that off my ever increasing chest :rotfl:

Just eat what you can, and yes, try to take a supplement such as Pregnacare (I'm on that too). You just have to eat whatever you can if you are suffering from MS. You might find you can eat better in the weeks to come.

Hi
I am exactly the same, i do like vegetables normally but since being pregnant i just can't face them. I wouldn't worry too much as the baby will take whatever it needs from you to make sure it is healthy (which is why you feel so crap all the time!) I am just eating lots of fruit to make up for it and taking vitamins just in case. Ignore everyone else, they have no idea what you are feeling like right now!
xx

try masking the veggies...because they do contain an iron u need!! do u like salads with salad dressing??...try something like that

Remember that you don't have to have them on their own! Why not make smoothies or add a grated carrot or courgette to something like spaghetti. You can make lovely beef burgers by grating courgette, onion and adding an egg and a touch of flour to the mince - I don't like courgette either but you can't taste it! Honestly!!! What about using cauliflower on top of a cottage pie instead of potato - you wouldn't know the difference! Also if you add loads of veg to a casserole, they all soften up and you can't tell what they are! Just also thought - roasted carrot, potato, swede, turnip, onion & a few garlic cloves - drizzle with oil and bake...lovely! just like roast potatoes!

wouldnt worry im hardly eaten anything i should be , veg , fruit or anything ! :puke:

Ohh roasted veggies are good! I'd also go with the chop it up small and stick it in lasagne/spag bol/ sheps pie approach... At the moment soup is often all I want and you get get loads of soups with varying types of veggies or if there are some you find easier to stomach; make your own. it's dead cheap and if you dont faff round making your own stock, it can be ready in less than 30 mins :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back