Spent all day in hospital

maybebaby

Reaction score
I had a midwife appointment at 9:50 this morning, my blood preesure was up (140/80, not too bad on its own but way up from booking in blood pressure) and I had a trace of protein & a trace of blood in my urine. My feet & ankles have been a bit puffy the last few days too, so the midwife sent me to the day unit to be monitered.

BP has stayed fairly high throughout the day, but there was no protein in my later urine sample & baby is fine with lots of movements and strong heartbeat. They took a blood sample, my HB levels are down but I've been allowed home with iron tablets and ordered to rest. I have to go back to the day unit tomorrow afternoon to be monitered again.

Scary bit: if bp is still high or there is any protein in urine they've said they will probably have to admit me or 'get things started'!!!! I'm still hoping it all clears up so that I get my homebirth, but wouldn't be too worried if I have to be induced as I'd get to see baby in the next few days!

Fingers crossed all will be okay tomorrow.

awww :hug:

i hope your BP comes down
I once had a trace of protein in my urine and they it went, so maybe this is a common thing?
Hope you get your homebirth and everything is ok :D

Hope everything works out for your home birth, if not you'll see your lo a bit sooner but it'll be for the best.Not got that long to go anyways :D

:hug:

sorry to hear this, hope it goes ok for your home birth xx

Hope everything works out for your homebirth hun!!!

I hope everything works out for you hun so you can have your HB x

Oh i am sorry to hear that hun
Fingers crossed everything works out ok for you and you get your HB
xx

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you hun that your bp comes down again and you get your hb.
But like you said its a win/win situation because even if you have to be induced you'll get to meet your baby all the sooner.
Chin up x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back