SPD

Sarahe

Reaction score
Hi over the last few weeks I have experienced some discomfort in my pubic area when walking and turning in bed. I have been putting this down to the baby laying really low in my pelvis.

this week it had been more painful then usual and I am now walking in pigeon steps :cry: and the pain is really painful.

I have spoken to a triage nurse (midwife unavailable) who has informed me that it sounds like I have SPD and has advised I bring my next midwife appoint forward.

Does anyone have any advise on how I can over come this or reduce the symptoms I am usually so active it is getting me down not being in control of somthing like this.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sarah

Hi Sarah,
I had SPD with my last pregnancy and yes its such a pain because I also am a very active person and it certainly slows you down a hell of a lot. Try not to let it get you down, I did let it get to me and it would make me so upset that i couldnt do all those things Id normally do that my hubby would have to reasure me all would turn out ok.
Its been nearly 4 wks now since I had Ruby and the SPD is slowly going away.
If you get chance to see a physio then please do as they sometimes give you exercises and they give you a belt to wear to help ease the pain.

Hope this is of some help for you.

Roo
xxxx

Hi Thanks for your responses.

I spoke to my midwife last night and informed her of my symptoms and that the triage nurse had recommended I make a phisyo appoint (which I have in two weeks)

She said that although I do sound like I have the symptoms she believe it would be to early in my pregnancy to be :?, she then said lets hope it is the babies posistioning and not spd :? This has now made me feel that maybe I was wrong to ring and ask for help because of the pain, I went to bed last night and I was still unable to part my legs and could if I pushed through the pain, this morning I got up with some ache but not as bad as yesterday but after commuting in to work on a coach for the last 1.5 hours I got off in a pigeon step manner.

is it baby positioning or is it spd?? the Midwife made me feel that it could be but was probably baby positioning the pain is down the left side of my pubic bone and baby is kicking me towards the centre of my tummy which makes me think it isnt baby positioning.

I am just confused and I dont want to waste anyones time.

:cry:

Hi girls,

Silly question but what does SPD stand for? I am getting very slow on my feet of late - getting out of bed is an absolute chore, I feel about 80years old.

S

Hi

Sasswa SPD stands for Symphios Pubis Disfunction (dont think I spelt it quite right)

I am still having problems and I am finding that walking to much puts the pressure on my pelvis but in the same breath sitting at a desk all day and the 2 hour commute to work makes my hips or the rump at the base of my spine feel swollen and my pubic bones sorry tmi I know hurt back to front.

Turning in bed is a nightmare and I generally have a howl as i get in to position to sleep which I have found to me a knee in my chest and one leg straight. if I lie on my side both legs together it is unbearable and makes me sob.

I have a Phyiso booked for next tuesday but I am trying to get away with not letting my boss know I am in pain even when I get up constantly to get him files as I am scared he will force me on maternity leave.

Where would I stand if this became the case.

I am a secretary for a directors office and I dread there meetings at the moment as the constant getting up and greating of clients and carrying there coffee on a tray takes a toll on me at the end of the day, and all I look forward to is the 2 hour commute home on a coach :cry:

Sorry it is a long post just as it hasnt been confirmed yet and when I spoke to my midwife she felt it was to early to get these symptoms although she did say it sounds like it, she then said dont look to work past 28 weeks. :shock:

Would this mean early maternity leave or time off sick???

If anyone has any advise it would be a great help.

This will teach me I have sailed through since finding out I am now injecting myself daily through DVT history which may be increased to twice daily to be confirmed in 3 weeks and the possibility of suffering with SPD

a totally depressed

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Sorry you're feeling bad at the mo, try and stay positive, just think about how exciting having a baby will be etc etc, I know it's awful when you're feeling crappy but keep on smiling!

From what I know, I don't think you're work can make you start your maternity leave until 30 weeks but I'm not 100%, have a look at this website www.dti.gov.uk/er/maternity.htm, i think there is a good acas one aswell. I might be totally wrong, but I don't know why I think this is case, I must have heard it somewhere.

Hope you're better soon.

Lx

Thanks leigh-Sless,

You know sometimes you wake up and you are totally fed up thats how I feel today.

I am really excited about the baby and cant wait to meet him or her but the unknown is the most scarest thing.

The only good thing is there is not management in to day so I can leave early and I get waddle about without fear someone will ask whats wrong :lol:

Sarah

Hiya Sarah,

Yeah I've had a few days like that myself, but I think I've been really lucky so far, I'm just scared that's about to change the further on I get.

Like you, I am so excited about meeting the baby, but scared too of what's ahead, I have a family history of pre-eclampsia so I am worried about that, but I guess what happens happens and touch wood I have nothing to worry about just now.

Hope you're better soon, I have stiff legs today and look about age 100 going down the stairs but hopefully it will all be worth it.

Hope you get home early and take care. :D

Leigh x

I got SPD from 11 weeks!! its not too early at your stage hun. its the hormone that makes it hurt too, not just pressure

Hi Just thought i would update you.

I saw the phisyo yesterday and she confirmed I am suffering with SPD,

She has given me a Tubigrip to wear and some crutches which i find are more of a hinderance. although I think I will definitly use them when I have a really bad day.

I also saw my midwife yesterday who wants me to seriously consider me giving up work earlier then 37 weeks :cry: I am going to see if my boss will let me have 1 to 2 days at home woring rather then the 2 hour commute which really aggrevates it. So I am considering 34 weeks although she feels it will be earlier I really want to stick it out and have longer after the birth.

On the goodside I only have 14 weeks to go and as my partner says that is 3 more paydays :shock: :shock:

Also quick question has anyone heard of the myth that if your babys heart rate sounds like galloping horses it a girl and if it sounds like a train its a boy? if so is it true

Trying to play guess the sex :lol:
Sarah x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back