SPD please help!!!!

sarahking20

Reaction score
hi all,
I have been suffering with SPD for about a month and its really getting me down.
The pain is emense and feels like someone has hit me in the pubic bone with a hammer when i walk or roll over in bed. Also, i hear clicking noises especially at night when i move and alot of pressure down below.
Does anyone else suffer from this?
Any ways of releaving symptoms and is this normal?
Im due 15th April, his head is engaged and have been told i could have a large baby, these factors im sure dont help, but please tell me it gets better after birth?
Any help will be gratefuly recieved.
Thanks

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I suffered with spd in my first pregnancy and had to have physio once a week for the last few weeks of my pregnancy. The symptoms disappeared after giving birth.
Luckily it's not been too bad this time around.

Have you spoken to your midwife about it? Can they refer you for physio or give you a support belt?
I found physio really helped me.

I hope it doesn't get any worse :hug: :hug: :hug:

my midwife wasn't very helpful. she told me to stay either in bed or sitting in a chair.
i thought it was a bad idea to do that, as il cease up, so i try to keep active and after a few mins of moving it eases slightly.
Is paracetamol a good idea? or does it not do anything?

Hi

Try loads of pillows at night for when you sleep, I have one between my legs, one under my bump, one between my ankles, and one behind my back, its a job to turn over, but worth it as it does ease the pain a bit.

I also have a heat bag which I put in the microwave for a few seconds then apply that to the painful area it brings some relief.

TBH paracetamol doesn't even touch the pain for me.

A warm bath at the end of the day is also bliss, and I have had to stop walking anywhere as its too painful.

You havent got long to go now, so I hope it eases a bit for you so you can get some sleep :hug:

That's awful that your midwife was so unsupportive! You could maybe make an appointment with your GP, that's what I did. It's a bit close to your due date so I doubt you would get a physio appointment before the birth now :( But you might be able to get a tubigrip or support belt from them.

My midwife, GP and physio all tell me to take paracetemol. I was first told this at 28 weeks and decided I was not going to spend 3 months taking paracetemol! I have tried occasionally when in a lot of pain but I find it doesn't make a difference.

Have a look at this leaflet - I got it from the physio and it has lots of good advice:
http://www.acpwh.org.uk/docs/ACPWH-PGP_Pat.pdf

This is my second pregnancy with SPD.

With my first pregnancy it was from around 36 weeks. Symptoms disappeared as soon as he was born.

I have had it for about 4 weeks this time. I am trying to do similar to what i did last time and just keep moving. Sometimes it hurts to move. But keeping still for too long can be just as bad.

Paracetomal are no point. May aswell not bother with them.

Hot baths at night are a good suggestion. And the pillows.

Hope it goes for you as soon as bubs is born. Just still take care of your pelvis for a couple of weeks after. As some people do more damage then, than they did when pregnant or giving birth. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yep, hot water bottle, hot baths and the pillow between your knees in bed seem to help.
Definitely see your GP and ask if you can be referred to a physio. :eek: at your midwife!! She should be more supportive!

My GP prescribed co-codamol, although my pains were more in the sides and backs of my hips, which I only took a few times at bedtime, but after 3 nights of being rested properly the pain was a lot more bearable during the day and things have been ok for last couple of weeks. Fingers crossed stays ok :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back