SPD Anyone??

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
Hey ladies....hope your all ok...

Well been to my weekly anitinatal/diabetic appointment and all is great! Bloods spot on and baby K is doing great...............

BUT Ive been in agony for a good couple of weeks now and having very little sleep due to hip and groin pain....so mentioned to MW who told Consultant and cut long story short and another hours wait....Ive got SPD!

Got to see physio who is going to fit me with a brace and arrange regular physio sessions!

Been to told to sit with my legs closed ha ha as if their anything but atm, lol but to stand up and sit down etc etc pretty much do everything while keeping my knees together!

So I know theres some of you other ladies on here who have SPD, and just wondered how you deal with the horrendous pain.....Id rather give birth again then have this pain its awful lol

xxxx

Oh not you as well hunny?! This crap really does get around doesn't it!! Sending you sooooo many hugs for the rest of your pregnancy and I'm always here if you need to moan. :)

xxxx

Thanks Wolfy.... Yup Ive been handed yet another symptom lol! Ahh its just soooo painfull and Ive read all your posts when youve been in agony and thought OMG how do they do it...now Im with you! Ahhhh having had a baby I really would rather give birth daily than have this pain....

How you doing anyway Mrs? xxx

Aww hunni so sorry - take care -can i ask a question past week or so had agonising pain but only in top of my legs on the inside and hips could this be the SPD or just me got 25 week midwife next week and dont want to look a diffy mentioning xox

Last edited:
Ooo I am ok, so very nearly there and only now am I getting scared! XD I keep watching programs on birth and I can accept that i'm going to go through labour but for some reason, I still can't accept that at the end of it I'm going to have a wriggly, crying little person...... it's such a bizzare feeling! I'm not in denial, it just doesnt seem real! You'd think the credit card statement, the nursery, the movement of the baby and everything else would make it sink in but she's going to be here bfore the end of november but I still cant beleive it! Haha....

xxxx

Thanks Sarl....wow it hurts!!

Yup Sarl thats how mine started so DEF mention it at your next appt! The faster they diagnose you that faster you can get help for it...ask wolfy as it progresses it gets worse.....xxx

Ha wolfy I know what you mean its all very surreal isnt it! Even now like you im thinking OMG I love the kicks and movements but its still kinda ONG OMG Im going to have a baby again! Eeeeeeeeeeeeek! lol

Ahhh not long now and you will be all cooooey lol Cant wait xxx

Haha, I wish I could say that it goes away and that you wont notice, but that would be a big, fat lie! XD I hope yours is just normal aches and pains hun.

LOL, Wilma. I will be texting you and Frankie when anything happens so you two will be the first to know :D So exited!

xxxx

Last edited:
Wooooohooooooooooo yeyyyyyyyyy I am sooo excited for you! I remember when I was helen123 text buddy you would think it was my family member I got sooo excited lol!! Ha ha xxx

SPD has landed me In hospital twice in the space of two weeks and been stuck taking codeine phosphate for pain relief.
I also have to have physio and get a belt.
I thought I was the only one :(

Ah LL thats awful....wolfy also has it and has it pretty bad Ive been reading her posts over the last few months and though OMG that sounds horrid....little did I know it would be me experiencing the horrific pain....I said in my earlier posts I would rather give birth than have this pain and I honestly would its horrendous!

I m a wheelchair user anyway so my mobility isnt the best most of the time, but tonight we were out and when I went to get out of my chair and into the car with DH I couldnt lift my leg into the car....if I part my legs from the knee up I feel like someone is using my legs like a wishbone and puuling them apart till they snap ive honestly never felt pain like it and I have a high pain threshold so knows its bad when it has me floored!

So nope dont worry me dear your def not alone and I feel I will be having a lot of moaning moments so feel free to maon away with me lol xxx

My pain goes from my pelvis up to my bump.
I got SPD plus nerve pains I wanted knocked out.
Between doses of morphine n pethadine injections I was ok.
But painkillers don't stop the pain. I literally have to sleep upright with 6 pillows cos the minute I lay on my side I'm in agony to the point I'd rather be stabbed repeatedly than that pain.
I was told it gets worse the bigger u get, my bump looks like I'm 7/8 months n it's more pressure n Lil man don't help with his super hero roley poleys :/

Walking is painful enough but being in a wheelchair must be more painful, ESP as ur pelvis is slightly tilted from sitting.
Have you been referred to physio yet???

Ah I know what you mean....I was in so much pain last night in bed I was saying to DH I wish you could feel this pain...lol he said I was evil lol!

Yeah been referred for physio today so just waiting for appt and brace fitting! xx

I have to call my physio tomorrow to sort out my appointments.

Ive just had MW on phone seeing her on Tues to arrange physio and get brace sorted!! Had a better night last night as I literally lay on four pillows so I was well cushioned lol but walking is a nightmare and soo painfull xxx

Oh god, I literally feel your pain!
I was diagnosed with it ages ago and have been in agony ever since... My midwife however is completely rubbish and refuses to do anything about it so I just tend to shut up and suffer :(
Hope you get all the help you can, it really is awful x

well i have a funny feeling wilma and shadowwolf may be right and i may have been cursed went to the hairdresser as got wkend away and family do with OH anyway way back to car is a step long hill by the time i got to the top thought i wasnt going to be able to walk no further n felt like everyone i passed was looking at me funny:shakehead:obviously never seen a pregnat woman b4 - def mention to midwife next weds

Last edited:
Oh god, I literally feel your pain!
I was diagnosed with it ages ago and have been in agony ever since... My midwife however is completely rubbish and refuses to do anything about it so I just tend to shut up and suffer :(
Hope you get all the help you can, it really is awful x

Good grief woman. Dont sit n suffer. Go tour Drs n get a physio referral if ur midwife is absolute pants!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back