SPD

charlie84

Reaction score
Just been to my docs regarding my hip pain and they have confirmed i have SPD.

Have been referred for physio, does anyone know what that involves as i have no clue. And did it help at all.

Well on the way home i stopped off at greggs to console myself with a big cream bun :)

I have had SPD for about 4 weeks now during this pregnancy have been going to physio every week, they make you do some exercises which are fine, I got given a belt to wear, and a large tubi grip to wear over my tummy and hips. Its a horrible pain. But I had it during my first pregnancy and it went away almost as soon as I had given birth. I also got given elbow crutches which are also very helpful.

I hope you get on ok, and I hope you enjoyed your cream bun :)

I had SPD which affected my hips last time (it's coming back again but not bad enough to need any treatment so far)
Last time I had to see the physio and I had to lie on the bed and she'd yank my right leg several times (which was the side affected), it didn't hurt at all and I'd come out feeling much more even, instead of feeling lopsided. I found it helped a lot, though a couple days before my next weekly appointment I'd feel it going back to normal pain levels again

Oh yes definately enjoyed the cream bun, good job greggs is all the way in town otherwise i would have been tempted to go get another one :wink:

The pain is bearable most of the time, but toward the end of the day and in bed it really hurts. Feels like someone has given me a kicking down there :(

Told OH the doc said i should take it easy so i think i may have my tea cooked for me tonight (first time in a long time).

I am worried that the pain will get to bad toward the end and that i may have to start maternity leave early. This i want to try and avoid as money will be tight so plan on staying at work as long as i can.

i dont have it hun just wanted to say hope it doesnt get to bad for you
manda xx

manda224 said:
i dont have it hun just wanted to say hope it doesnt get to bad for you
manda xx

Cheers hun. I hope it doesnt get too bad either i am crap when it comes to pain. God knows what i am going to be like when i go into labour :roll:

lol but labour gives you something nice at the end :)
you should be ok hun there is loads of exercises and stuff you can do to help it i think :)
manda xx

Mine didn't give me any problems in labour at all.
It disappeared after I'd given birth too.

i'm waiting for my physio referral too - let me know how you get on :hug:

muppetmummy - my biggest worry has been about whether it will affect my labour... its mild at the moment so i'm hoping not. but feel reassured knowing that you were ok :)

purple13 said:
i'm waiting for my physio referral too - let me know how you get on

Will do. My doctor said that it shouldnt take long to come through. Just gonna try and take it easy but things dont get done when i am sat on my arse. Hopefully OH will try and help out a little more as it really does hurt at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back