SPD Advice

Bloom

Reaction score
I know there are lots of ladies on here that have suffered with this for a while now but as ive only had it since about week 31 its still quite new to me.

What do you find helps it?
How do you sleep and night?

Ive had a look on the internet and i cant seem to find much information on what sort of things help and what doesnt help. Even if ive spent the day doing nothing it still really hurts. Ive been sleeping with a pillow between my legs which helps a bit.

Any advice from all you SPD experts would be greatly appreciated.

I have SPD and have had for a few weeks now - its not nice at all.

I have seen a physio about it and they have given me some advice ie: when getting out of bed / car lkeep your legs together. Aviod long walking and pace yourself. Sit when you need to sit. I have found that sleeping on the sofa helps and my hip position is right in the crack where the cushions meet so it takes the pressure off a bit. I also have a bump support belt which helps relieve some pressure.

Apart from that there isn't much more i can think of but if anyone has any other ideas on how to help you wont be the only one to benefit.

Hope you feel better soon x x x

hello BLoom

arghhhhhhh SPD is really, really awful in the last 2 days. Ive discoverd that resting almost certainly ISNT helping :evil: I could hardly move this morning! I kinda worked out a way to turn over in bed at night but it involves opening my legs ( which isnt advised) but it stops the pain a little bit. I kind of imagine where the bones in my pelvis are and sort of manipulate them as I move to stop it hurting. I move a little bit, adjust my leg - see if it hurts then move again if it doesnt. It doesnt help that much but it does a bit. Its like a searing burning & pulling pain in the past few days, it feels so sore :cry: :cry:

Ive ben sleeping with a a few pillows strategically placed to help keep me in one position but its still a killer! I'll be glad when its stopped!!

Im glad im not the only one whos finding turning over in bed a military operation.

I spent nearly all day yesterday doing nothing and last night was the worst yet so resting has not helped.

Had it since i was about 20 weeks. It is torture at times.
I was given a tubigrip belly thing and a belt for my hips from the physio. The tubigrip i wear all the time as this benefits me as it takes away the added pressure my bump has on my back which in turn affects my hips. The hip belt i wore a few times but felt it hurt more to wear it than not.
I think everyone who has been given these supports have felt them have different affects on them. Having a warm soak in the bath helped me for a bit also.

For me turning over in bed is a near impossible thing for me and is incredibley painful, as is getting out of bed, up out of a chair etc.
I am getting to the end of my tether with it now and i am glad that baby is nearly due.
Have to agree with tillytots that rest does not help me i just seem to stiffen up more.
Just saying to my OH last night that i am going to have to find some comfortable positions in which i may labour in, cus this SPD is going to limit how i can be as its that painful.

Sorry to be so negative with my post but it really has started to give me grief the past few days and i cant get much relief from it. I am off to have a bath shortly to see if i can relieve the soreness i have woken up with today.

Hun i do feel for you
:hug: :hug: :hug:
I just hope you dont suffer too bad with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111