Support belts

nicki

Reaction score
Hiya,

I saw my M/W today and i'm pleased to report that everything is fine and baby is 4/5ths engaged (yippeeeee) i'm assuming that is normal at my stage? M/W didn't say otherwise. Also its the first time my wee wee sample has been all clear, hoorah!

The only bummer is she confirmed I have SPD, which I had a sneaky feeling i'd got and along with my bad back she suggested I wear a support belt (Emma Jane one?!), does anyone know where I can buy one from? I know I can order them online or over the phone but I was hoping I could go to the shops tomorrow to get one as i'm so fed up with it but can't seem to find anywhere that sells them.

Thanks.

Nicki.x :D

John Lewis sell them and so should Mothercare, will cost £10-£15 in the shops.

I had SPD it's crap! Not too long to go now hun xxx

Thanks Sami, I had a look on the Mothercare website and couldn't see them, will look again tho. prob me being a dippy cow! :lol:

Got any tips on how to combat SPD or back aches? Its driving me demented, my DH is away this week so not getting my daily massage which helped alot, mind you i'm scared incase he doesn't come back, he's probably glad of the break!

Sorry to hear about your SPD hun ...

Hope you manage to find your support belt, pretty sure mothercare do them in-store chick ...

Hope your DH comes back soon so you have your daily massage!! sounds like heven!! ... Fingers crossed for you, like sami said though ... you don't have to much longer left ...

Hope it's not to un-confortable...

Imogen x

nicki said:
Thanks Sami, I had a look on the Mothercare website and couldn't see them, will look again tho. prob me being a dippy cow! :lol:

Got any tips on how to combat SPD or back aches? Its driving me demented, my DH is away this week so not getting my daily massage which helped alot, mind you i'm scared incase he doesn't come back, he's probably glad of the break!

I will find my thread on SPD excersises hun, give me 5 min xxx

Pelvic floor excercies! My Physio seems to love them - and they do help.
You can do them even walking around (if obviously your SPD hasn't got that bad that you can't walk around).

Pelvic Floor Excercises
*Tighten up the muscles as if you were trying to stop the flow of urine.
*Hold this for 4 seconds
*Repeat 4 times
*Do this about 6-8 times a day

Pelvic Tilts
*Lie on your back with your knees bent at right angles and your feet flat on the floor.
*Tighten your pelvic floor and press the small of your back down against the floor or bed.
*Hold for 5 seconds and repeat 5 times.

Leg Adductors
*Sit up straight and put your cleanched fists between your knees
*Squeeze in on your fists with your knees
*Hold for 5 seconds
*Repeat 5 times

A few more things they gave me on a list were......

DO NOT...
*Stand for long periods
*Stand on one leg - sit down when gettign dressed
*Go up and down stairs frequently if it can be helped
*Squat
*Carry or lift any weight
*Twist your body

DO.....
*Stand with your feet close together
*Sit upright with support for your back
*Turn in bed and go in/out of bed with knees together
*Your bed should be low if possible
*Put ice packs on pubis (over pubic bone) to help reduce inflamation caused by SPD
*Use pillows in bed to get into the most comfortable position

my midwife gave me all these exercises to do when i told her about my hip pains and they are helping :) pains not completely gone but much better xxx

My baby isnt engaged at all at 36 weeks, :( hurry up bubs! I thought that was normal, you must be lucky!!

Thanks alot for those excercises Sami.
My (new) midwife said the physio will be in contact with me within a few days to talk about what to do so I should have a head start.
My m/w wasn't happy about me not being referred to a physio ages ago, she's so much nicer than the last one I had (better late than never!).

Off to excercise! :(

Nicki.x

if youve still had no luck with the support belt, toysrus sell them, but to be honest after buying one myself im sure you could make one in about 5 mins with a strip of elastic lol

Hi paradysso,

Thanks for your reply, I bought one off Ebay in the end and have to say haven't worn it much, it does feel like it supports my back but doesn't stop it hurting and makes my bump really hurt too! I've tried having it tight and loose and in the middle but nothing seems to make a difference, not sure if i'm doing it wrong :roll: Oh well, only 5 weeks and 6 days to go! (hopefully sooner rather than later! :lol: )

Nicki.x :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back