South Yorkshire Floods!

jenna

Reaction score
Any one else stuck at work? All the roads are closed and i can leave but DH cant so im stuck here too!! Oh NO!!! Stupid rain! :cry:

:shock: It's not raining here at the mo!!!! I hope it isn't working its way down :shock:

Are the roads closed coz of the rain? The rain stopped here this morning.

i dont think ne roads are closed here :think: hope it didnt take to long to get home

been raining on and ioff all day had the worst last night i think, but we havent been flooded in here..

hope it brightens up soon..
but not too hot cant be dealing with the weather when i have bumpage.

all other buildings were evacuated. it took my sister 6 hours to get home last night. No ones in today but me :x and my cousin was stuck in a building all night and the bridge next to it is about to collapse. If you live in sheffield you might have seen it on the news. Its the brewery and the river has burst and flooded it. I feel right bad for them. :cry:

i got stuck at catcliff yesterday Jenna it was horible we were there about 30 mins before we got out the houses looked horrible again poor people

Thats river is awful for flooding, my nanan and grandads house is always surrounded when it floods and they cant get out. If that damn goes there buggerd!! my nanan cant get up the stairs either!! I wish i didnt come to work now, theres 4 people on my team in and im sure i could have tried to get them out if i didnt come in! :cry:

There was loads and loads of people helping Jenna and loads of emergency services there so i am sure they will be fine hun

:( i supose. I forgot my phone today aswell so they cant even get to me if they need to. its so worrying

round our end was horrendous - we are without hot water, electricty, my dad had to be rescued from work the water was up to his waist :shock: the RAF helicopter was rescuing people from round my area - i cannot believe it, i have never ever seen anything like it before in my life!!! :shock:

The worst thing is it was fine in the morning, just a bit of rain then every where was closeing down, flooding, blowing up...Its crazy. Our power went out 2 days ago but i didnt think anything of it... :shock: The pictures on bbc news southyorkshire are horrible!

Every one i work with is being evacuated from there homes! :shock: no ones doing anything im right bored!

does any one know if the dams gone? My nanan said she doesnt know anything about it because the powers out, no ones evacuated them! :shock:

well we STILL have no electricity, no phone lines etc etc and heard it might be another 3-4 days until we get power back, how the heck am i gonna cope???? :shock:

some one i know from hillsborough said the same missG, they have to wait another few days. Our power was out for about 2 hours but came back on because they had a back up line or something. Some one said 85,000 homes are with out power and 40,000 have been fixed. Thats a lot of homes :shock:

i heard it was 20,000 homes in sheffield without power its ridiculous, that means im going to have to drive at 6am to my dads every morning for a shower and something to eat before going to work!!! even our cooker doesnt work, the frdige, lighting, hot water - we have nothing!!!!!!!! :cry:

MissGobby said:
i heard it was 20,000 homes in sheffield without power its ridiculous, that means im going to have to drive at 6am to my dads every morning for a shower and something to eat before going to work!!! even our cooker doesnt work, the frdige, lighting, hot water - we have nothing!!!!!!!! :cry:

Really really sorry to hear this. It does sound dreadful. One way my Mum used to cope with the eating thing during power cuts was to use her camping stove. Might be worth investing in one (I don't think they're dear) just in case. From what I hear, weather like this latest spell is likely to be on the increase, owing to global warming.

Do hope that they manage to restore power soon and that the damage is not too extensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back