Sorted out our bedroom , to make room for baby!

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Well we made a start and sorted out our bedroom to make room for the new baby. We are working on other plans to get somewhere for it to live , but not sure if we can afford to increase morgage for loft conversion or change utility into a proper room, so thought I would relax a bit making room in our room, gove me more choices.

So we threw away, clothes banked, shoe banked, took all the kids stuff and junk storage out of our room, (it was like a garage! as we don't have one).

We have some way to go, we need a curtain pole and curtains, etc and a door, and frame needs fixing , but we have started now. My sister is giving us a wardrode in 4 weeks or so , and guess what!

I cleared out my drawers and we have two large each- Hubby and I , and baby has 3 little drawers now, as it's a 4 plus 4 drawer unit.

Put the clothes and wipes etc away with my daughter , in size order, was soo nice (will wash them nearer time).

even have a basket on the top with a bag of nappies, sudocream, and cotton wool pleats all ready! And the drawers top fits a change mat too!

Added bonus - I found under all the stuff, a art pic frame ,you know the canvas painnt on ones, so I can paint some art to go near the cot or moses basket when we get them, (they are only light , incase it fell etc)

LOVE IT

Last edited:
:yay: does it feel more real yet? I don't think it's really sunk in for me yet...hopefully lookin round my new house next week in the hope of movin within the next 5 weeks or so. Am actually a bit scared at how quick time is goin x x

Last edited:
Yeah Emma, do you know, rather than thinking about ideas , we just did it, and I feel like it's really gonna happen now. Our whole house is a work in progress DIY project to be honest, but making a good start really helped me feel in control and I still have at least 19 plus weeks to finish it and get it all in order

Wow a house move for you, so exciting, but stressful, are you getting a bigger house to fit in baby?

Last edited:
:yay: You've got me all excited for you reading that! And even more broody than I am already :lol:

Sounds perfect :cloud9:

Thanks Sam's Mum - made me think , that we can prob manage fine without having the extra room.
Kids make do with what they have don't they, I don't want to get in a situation that I will worry about with money by taking on a bigger morgage! although I saw the bank once last week to see what options we have, got sme quotes - ouch! and have next appointment next tuesday, only I started looking quite preg this week!! arghhh how am I going to hide it, let's hope it's raining like the other day, and I can keep my coat on! She must have thought me very strange!

Your turn is coming round really soon too , mr's broody

Last edited:
hello!

all sooooo exciting isnt it! ive organised my stuff in my room quite well and have all the plans sorted with what i want to do and where i want to put everything.. eeeee!!! x

No point in spending more money than you need to - kids will never notice the difference as they'll never know any different, as long as there's space for them somewhere!!

Think my time might be a long time off if it ever comes! Hubby's quite happy with the way things are (not that I'm not, but I'm still really hoping he'll change his mind :blush:)

Wow a house move for you, so exciting, but stressful, are you getting a bigger house to fit in baby?

Yeah,still 3 bedroom but got a bigger kitchen,seperate dinin room and conservatory. Gonna b a good opportunity to re-jiggle the room shares aswel. X x

we have sorted our bedroom out too had to get a new bed as ours was soooooooooooooo old and we were both getting bad backs! I have thrown a lot of stuff out and put all clothes I cant get into into one of those vacuum seal bags in the loft and now I have room for other things. Our front room is getting done next week cant wait and cot is coming today cant wait for it all to come together,

having a massive clearout myself as we speak, just getting proper rid of everything i really dont need, making drawer space for baby, and OH is officially moving in (im living with my mummy and staying that way for a while) so got to make room for all his clothes etc! so exciting, our house is having a re jiggle around and we have our very own living room so gonna store what i need to in there like nappies and stuff, just cant wait! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back