sorta dilemma

trixipaws

Reaction score
ok my due date is june 10, but originally (from my last period) its may 31 (tomorrow!) so i'm half expecting LO any time after that.

my OH works crazy hours with different work times daily and different days off every week, but he's applied for another role where he'll do normal hours (mon-fri 9-5). this would suit us a lot better now that we gonna be a family.

he's got an interview next monday (june 3) and when i joked "ooh what if i hav the baby on monday!" he said then i'd hav 2 decide if i wanted him there for the birth or if i wanted him there for me & the baby in the long-term (i took this to mean that he'll stay if i want him to but go otherwise?)
tbh i really really want him with me! i'll hav my mum with me anyway but i still REALLY want him there to hold my hand! i kno it would be the sensible option to get the better job in the long-term but my heart just tells me NO I WANT HIM TO STAY WITH ME! lol and i hope that if it did come to it he wouldnt really consider being anywhere else.

nnnh hopefully i WONT go ito labour on monday :pray: but IF i DO, am i reasonable to want him to stay?

hun, its very sweet you want him there, i would want my oh there as well.. its a special moment, both of you have made the baby so you both should be there.. :hug:

Honey don't know whether it makes any difference, but Monday is the 4th of June (my birthday ;) )
Is his interview on the 3rd or Monday?

I guess it isn't really important, but if he told whoever was taking the interview that his OH was in labour with his baby i'm sure they would understand?

Good luck lovie and i'd want my DH with me mother or not, :hug:

Hi

aww what a tough situation, i wouls wnat my OH there too , Im sure he wants to be with you as well. I say dont stress about it unless it happens then think of what youw ill do then :hug:
Katrina

Trix, this is a dilemna!! I personally would phone the people and explain to them the situation, asking whether it would be ok to postpone the interview at short notice if you are in labour. Any company worth anything would be ok with this, at most the interview will be postponed for a day as he can always go after the birth. I am sure they will understand. It would probably work in his favour anyway as it shows that he is preofessional but at the same time a family man. You can but ask!!

Im sure the interviewer would understand that your labour is more important!
You are right to want your oh with you, its not too much to expect really after you having his child lol

Definitely the company would not expect your OH to choose the birth of his child over an interview....????

Should you be in labour they will surely reschedule the interview for him?? maybe he should pre-empt it by letting them know it is a possibility. Hope you sort it out! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back