question about induction

trixipaws

Reaction score
my boyf is eager for me to hav this baby ASAP (i'm not so impatient lol, i'm in no hurry for the worst pain of my life!)

also he's had to book his annual leave (to add to his paternity for extra time off) and it starts next week- he's management so its not as flexible for him as in non-management roles, he's had to organise cover and all that malarkey.

i said to him whats he gonna do if i go overdue and he seems to think i can just request to be induced cant i?

i'm under the impression its not that easy u cant just request an induction and get it without a good reason- can anyone confirm this or correct me?
and if u do hav one dont u hav to stay in hosp? (i want a HB)

inductions are done at hospital, so you wouldnt be able to have a home birth!

they tend to do inductions for a few reasons, ie, they think baby is big, or you have a problem etc..

i dont think you can request an induction unless you can find a good enough reason..

dont worry im sure it wont be long now babes :hug:

Its important to remember that an induction is about as far from a home birth as you'll ever get and is by no means an easy alternative.

Aside from generally being more painful than natural labour you are statistically more likely to require intervention following an induction, ie ventouse/forceps/c-section etc.

For these and other reasons most areas won't offer you an induction until 10-14 days after your due date.

You'd probably be offered a membrane sweep first.

I was induced at just over due date but it was for medical resons, I don't think you can just ask for convenience.

It definitely wasn't an easy option and I wouldn't recommend it unless absolutely necessary. My induction was a long process and the hospital stay after meant my OH was back at work 3 days after we came home.

Not ideal, but we managed. :?

i agree with everyone
you can only be induced for good medical reasosn or 10-12 days after your EDD

you could try all the natural induction methods, such as walking, sex

I agree with charlotte&emily, just try all the natural tactics.

I started all mine a week before my DD and he was born 4 days early as a result.

I wouldn't go for the induction unless you really have to. Its much better to let it happen naturally. I found induction to be really awful and I had a lot of problems with the labour just because my body wasn't ready.

Personally I wouldn't choose induction unless it was an emergency, I really hope your LO makes an appearance before you have to consider this as a real option trixipaws :hug: very BIG hugs :hug:

Hi

Dont think you can ask for one :think:
I was induced because my waters broke but i hated every minute of it .
Katrina

I requested to be induced at 38 weeks and the midwife and consultant both knew I was serious and they were really sympathetic and agreed.

Later that day I went into hospital with high blood pressure anyway and when it didnt go down the consultant told me it was a good job they'd agreed to induce me early.

I know induction is worse than normal labour, I was induced last time, but to be honest Id rather suffer a terrible labour for a few days and have my baby at the end of it than go through another 2 and a half weeks of being in this pain :cry:

God Im rambling here :oops: Anyway, I know they take it into consideration for women whos partners work away so its maybe worth asking them not to let you go past your due date. Only do it if its what you want though, dont let your OH make the decision for you - its your body after all :hug:

At about 13 weeks I was given a "date for induction" should I not delivery normally (or have intervention) before that point. My date for induction is 1st August - 2 weeks after my due date. You might find yours is on your notes if you have a look?

I sympathise with your OH's paternity leave problems. My OH has booked 2 weeks pat.leave plus 2 weeks holiday. I would rather he have it after baby is born, and not before, too.

:hug:

x-kirsty-x said:
I know induction is worse than normal labour, I was induced last time, but to be honest Id rather suffer a terrible labour for a few days and have my baby at the end of it than go through another 2 and a half weeks of being in this pain :cry:
Just wanted to send you lots of these :hug: :hug: :hug: kirsty :hug: :hug: :hug:

x-kirsty-x said:
Only do it if its what you want though, dont let your OH make the decision for you - its your body after all
And to say I agree with you when you say to decide yourself trixipaws, rather than your OH being the one who decides :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back