Sorry to mither

charlene09

Reaction score
Just looked in my notes AGAIN as it is really started to baffle my head.

Anyway it says presentation position :Ceph
Then Relation to brim 5/5

Does anyone know EXACTLY what this means as this is only my first baby, and the hospital dont tell you anything :(

Ceph means the baby is in cephalic position, so head down. 5/5 means that whoever examined you can still feel 5/5 of baby's head, so it's not yet engaged. If it was 3/5 that would mean only 3/5 could be felt, so 2/5 were in your pelvis and couldn't be felt x

Ceph means the baby is in cephalic position, so head down. 5/5 means that whoever examined you can still feel 5/5 of baby's head, so it's not yet engaged. If it was 3/5 that would mean only 3/5 could be felt, so 2/5 were in your pelvis and couldn't be felt x

Okay Thankyou :)

Hun, do you not have the yellow mat notes booklet? at the bottom of the pages it explains the abbreviasions xxx

Hun, do you not have the yellow mat notes booklet? at the bottom of the pages it explains the abbreviasions xxx

I don't have said booklet but in my maternity notes right before where the mw's write things and scan info goes it explains the abbreviations too so if you don't have the booklet have a real good look in your mat notes, they might be in there x

Ohhh didn't know about them I knew i had seen it somewhere the abreeviations the other day but i couldn't remember where :S maybe it was ther :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back