sorry just need to rant !!!

lewisca

Reaction score
Just need to get this off my chest and apologise for possible bad language in advance !!!

Soo annoyed at my mum !! phoned her last night to tell her bout what had happened the night before with me nearly being admitted with pre eclampsia. On sunday she kept making a point bout me eating loads to get babys weight up etc so i dont get admitted on mon at next appointment seemed to me she was trying to make out i was deliberatly not eating so could have baby early !!!!!

Anyway have also learnt that she has friends coming on mon to stay with them for the night, and my feeling is that she is worried that things will move so quick that she will b getting called to hospital on mon(she is one of my birthing partners). My appoinment isnt till lunch time and it is the NHS !! so clinic will b running behind and even if they do start induction on mon it was 25 hrs before anything happened last time !!!

BUt thats not it !! during the conversation last night she said that i had been willing for this baby to come early and need to behave and do as im told !!!! Does she really think i would put my childs health at risk like that !!! yes i'm in pain and fed up cos of SPD. Im a curvy girl who normally loves her food and am incapable of deliberatly starving myself !!! And how on earth am I supposed to have forced myself to develop pre eclampsia !! just so pissed off !!!!!! (sorry)

Know she gets frustrated with medics cos I dont grow big babies we know that and so do they but they have their protocols to follow she has said repeatedly she wishes they would just leave me alone in regards to growth, but surely she cant think the same bout pre eclampsia !!my nan lost a baby to it and it not only can effect my lo but me too. surely she would want whats best for us ??? !!!

Anyway sorry for long rant just needed to get it off my chest before i see her later !! xxxxxxxxxx

Awww i'm sorry your mum is being like this hun but you are right about the pre-eclampsia, if you are gonna get it, your gonna get it! I had it over both my boys and am high risk again and under consultant care. My BP is yo-yo-ing at the moment, even though I am doing nothing!

As for size of baby, your LO will only take what they want! So no matter how much you eat, it wont make a difference!

Hope things are a little better between you & your mum today. Maybe she is just worried & this is her way of showing it?? X x x

Sorry to hear ur mum is being so shitty.. Why would anyone will their baby to come early?? Not a nice thing to say at all, your not in control of this and it's hard enough as it is for u, u don't need her making u feel like this right now!!

:hug: :hug: try and relax dont let it get to you babe xxxx

Awww i'm sorry your mum is being like this hun but you are right about the pre-eclampsia, if you are gonna get it, your gonna get it! I had it over both my boys and am high risk again and under consultant care. My BP is yo-yo-ing at the moment, even though I am doing nothing!

As for size of baby, your LO will only take what they want! So no matter how much you eat, it wont make a difference!

Hope things are a little better between you & your mum today. Maybe she is just worried & this is her way of showing it?? X x x
Thanks hun sure she is just worried but she isnt helping me by saying some of the things she is !!! had some of the symptoms of pre eclampsia last time although my bp didnt raise till i had given birth but it is in my notes as pre eclampsia. im under a consultant for that and the reduced growth of my first. but bp had been fine till mon and only reason i went in was cos hadnt felt lo as much !
just be glad when next few weeks r out of the way !! dreading consultant on mon now cos of what her reaction will b !! how sad im 31 and dreading what my mum might say !!! lol :roll: xxx

Sorry to hear ur mum is being so shitty.. Why would anyone will their baby to come early?? Not a nice thing to say at all, your not in control of this and it's hard enough as it is for u, u don't need her making u feel like this right now!!

Thanks Joanne she can just get on her high horse sometimes dont think she actually means anything by it !! but with my hormones etc at the min im letting it get too me !! well im sure she will b forcing some kcal loaded meal down me in a bit !! think its her turn to pay so may even have pudding !! lol xxxxx
Hope your not waiting too long for the dr hun xxxx

Thanks hun sure she is just worried but she isnt helping me by saying some of the things she is !!! had some of the symptoms of pre eclampsia last time although my bp didnt raise till i had given birth but it is in my notes as pre eclampsia. im under a consultant for that and the reduced growth of my first. but bp had been fine till mon and only reason i went in was cos hadnt felt lo as much !
just be glad when next few weeks r out of the way !! dreading consultant on mon now cos of what her reaction will b !! how sad im 31 and dreading what my mum might say !!! lol :roll: xxx

Sadly they don't always see it the way it is. I mean when I say to my mum I shouldn't have this or do that she gets on her high horse saying its a load of rubbish & there was none of that back in her day :roll: I just think to myself at least nowadays they are trying to stop things happening, but cant say that to my mum!
Fingers crossed all will go fine on Monday for you, I see consultant a week on Friday, that's the final decision day!! In a way i'm looking forward to it as it will be a relief to know whats what, but my midwife thinks they will want us to have LO at 36 weeks, which is scary!

No matter what our age hun, we all worry what our mum may say or think, but at the end of the day things are different nowadays but they are still stuck in their ways! X x x

Thanks Joanne she can just get on her high horse sometimes dont think she actually means anything by it !! but with my hormones etc at the min im letting it get too me !! well im sure she will b forcing some kcal loaded meal down me in a bit !! think its her turn to pay so may even have pudding !! lol xxxxx
Hope your not waiting too long for the dr hun xxxx

Eat away!! Ooh I could so eat some choc cake right now!!!!! Have some choc babe, happy hormones :)

:hug:

Thanks Jayceemumma and Lilimoonin !! think she was feeling a bit guilty baby has a new snowsuit coat to come home in !!! have got one that was Ethans which i had packed and she knew but kept saying baby needs a new one !! Get alot of this wouldnt have happened in my day and u were only 3ib 6 born why r they worrying bout the weight !!! mothers !! lol xxx:roll:

Sadly they don't always see it the way it is. I mean when I say to my mum I shouldn't have this or do that she gets on her high horse saying its a load of rubbish & there was none of that back in her day :roll: I just think to myself at least nowadays they are trying to stop things happening, but cant say that to my mum!
Fingers crossed all will go fine on Monday for you, I see consultant a week on Friday, that's the final decision day!! In a way i'm looking forward to it as it will be a relief to know whats what, but my midwife thinks they will want us to have LO at 36 weeks, which is scary!

No matter what our age hun, we all worry what our mum may say or think, but at the end of the day things are different nowadays but they are still stuck in their ways! X x x
Hope consultant goes well for u too !! r they thinking 36 weeks cos of pre eclampsia ? sorry to b nosey !! xxxx

Aww - sorry you're having a shitty time of it chick. Just wanted to send you a (big hug) xx

Thanks Stacey only a few weeks left !!!! lol xxx

Hope consultant goes well for u too !! r they thinking 36 weeks cos of pre eclampsia ? sorry to b nosey !! xxxx

Yeah, when I saw the consultant last time they was still waiting on my notes coming from hospital I had boys at, they wanted to know what my BP was, but I cant remember! Was 12 years ago lol and midwife didn't record it on computer back then! So she said come back when your 28 weeks, we should have your notes by then & be able to decide what to do as regards to the birth.
Midwife first said she thinks they will induce me at 37 weeks but then last week she said I don't think they will let you go past 36 weeks!
I'm just taking it all with a pinch of salt! A lot of the time midwives and consultants don't always agree! So we will see lol
No need to be sorry hun, I don't mind :) x x x

been told the latest I'll go is 38 weeks but thats because of the SPD, but midwife has said that if babys groeth isnt any better they will probably induce me earlier !!!xxxx

been told the latest I'll go is 38 weeks but thats because of the SPD, but midwife has said that if babys groeth isnt any better they will probably induce me earlier !!!xxxx

:shock: you've not got long then! Fingers crossed you make it to 38 weeks then, if not i'm sure all will be fine :) are you measuring far behind? X x x x x

My fundal heights r all fine but my first had reduced growth so I have growth scans and baby was on the 5th centile last week so scan on mon to check it's still putting weight on xxx

Sounds like your mum is being a nightmare. Theres precise little we can do to make baby put on more weight, that's a placenta thing and is not a factor of we stuff our faces and the babies gains loads unless we are diabetic as it gets more sugar. Try to not worry/ have a quiet word with your mum for being so annoying!

My fundal heights r all fine but my first had reduced growth so I have growth scans and baby was on the 5th centile last week so scan on mon to check it's still putting weight on xxx

Fingers crossed Mondays scan show baby is putting on weight nicely x x x

Thanks girls. she was ok today just need to get the midwife out the way tomorrow and consultant on mon then should have a plan which should help matters !!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back