Sorry ive not been around much - OC is back :(

mum2A&L

Reaction score
Well it started off when i had a really bad night on wed night. I couldn't stop itching and it was 'that' type of itching.

Decided there was no harm in calling up the ward to see what they recommended as i have an appointment on the 16th anyway.

They asked if i could pop in to have my bloods checked. Got up there about 10.30 - 11 ish. Got moaned at for going up due to the fact i might have had a bug at the start of the week (i did say on the phone that i hadn't been well for a few days) :wall: They took bloods - did the normal checks, and an ECG. LO decided that he was going to sleep and not do anything for 35 mins so they had me drinking ice cold water which was doing nothing for my heartburn and lay on my side and finally he woke up.

they finally sent me home due to the risk of the bug... 3 hours later i get a call saying my levels are highly abnormal and i need to get my backside back up to the ward asap, via a set of scales so they can get my drug chart sent off for my meds. we don't own scales, so i drop in on my GP to use his.

So i get there, have to have a jab in the backside for steroids, and then get to sit and wait to speak to the consultant and wait for the meds to come up from the pharmacy.

The consultant was quite lovely - questions about my past history, anything that could be causing my liver to go crazy, normal stuff. Sat and confirmed what i went though last time i should expect again this time if they can get my levels down quickly. there was c sections mentioned if they can't get my levels down, but we will take it day by day - week by week.

So the bag with my meds arrive from pharmisy - but there are no meds in the bag :wall: :wall: :wall: just three copies of the drug sheet all signed off, and scanned through the check to say they are in the bag :wall: luckly they had enough on the ward to give me one dose, there and then. i went in this morning expecting for them to have my pills, but they still can't locate them. Im due back up at 7 for another set of steriod jabs so we will just have to wait and see if they have them :wall: :wall: :wall:

anyway - procedure now =
daily ECG on baby.
Weekly blood tests.
fortnightly scans.
Liver scan when they send me the appointment.
cocktail of meds.
induce at 37 weeks.

Someone please tell me how im going to juggle all this - getting my wedding planned as much as i can, getting everything ready for baby, whilst having a toddler who is doing nothing but throwing tantrums lately!!! :lol:

what have i missed in the last few days? how is everyone?

oh, and i had a scan today and he fine, happy and healthy and is still a boy!

Oh hun so sorry :hug: I had to go for regular scans with little miss with a one year old and 4 year old in tow and it is such hard work I feel for you :hug: :hug: :hug: Take all the help you can get if Alice's little friends mum will have her for a couple of hours jump at it same with neighbours friends and family and make sure OH pulls his weight and a bit of yours too.
Hope you manage to avoid the c-section if you don't want it

Mik said:
Hope you manage to avoid the c-section if you don't want it

the idea of recovering with a toddler scares me!! but if its got to be done, its got to be done.

sorry to hear this but sounds like you wil have a close eye kept on you
:hug: :hug:

oh hun, sounds like you are having a rough time :hug: :hug:

It sounds like you are being looked after which is good, keep us updated :hug: :D

Wow- you might as well set up camp at that hospital! Well at least they are keeping a good eye on you.

With regards to the toddler situation- just call in all favours and rack up a few of your own. There aren't any prizes for struggling at this point!

Huge hugs- you're being amazingly positive so keep it up!
:hug: :hug: :hug:
+++

my bottom is sore :( dam injection!!! the one i had yesterday didn't sting half as much!!

Ive found out why they lost my meds though - they where sent to out patents instead of the ward! they sent an empty bag with a sticker with my name on it to the ward instead!? :wall: :wall: Still at least i have them now. Oh how ive missed the gone off taste of vit k tablets (like gone off smarties and i have to suck or chew them).

ive found out the trick to taking alice with me - chocolate stars :rotfl: !! she has never been so well behaved!! I think if i do need to take her with me in future i will try and make it as late in the day as possible. Hopefuly i can get my appointments first thing and then i won't have an issue with baby sitters for alice.

so sorry sam that you have OC again. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
thanks for your PM i will reply later,just been online paying bills,but going to go for a nap now as got no sleep at all last night or the night before with the damn itching. :wall: :wall:
im feeling pretty run down with it as im so tired.

its sounds as though you are being monitored well.ive been at the hospital today to have baby checked on,the MW was happy with the print off from the machine today,his heartbeat was alot more steady,im trying to stay more chilled about it all,as i know stressing is making me feel worse and think im making baby extra stressed too.its so difficult though not to worry,i just want him here now. :cry:

i will be back around later :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
hope i can get some sleep :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back