Grrrr Thrush (sorry if TMI!)

babyblonde

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Feel like I'm getting thrush :x Annoying as it's something I rarely suffer from.

I assume this might be due to the copious amounts of BDing over the last few weeks?

Does anyone know if there is any reason why you can't use thrush treatments when ttc?

Thanks in advance lovely ladies xxxxx :hug:

(ps - what does it say about me that every time I go to type thrush it comes out thrust?) :rotfl:

babyblonde said:
I assume this might be due to the copious amounts of BDing over the last few weeks?

(ps - what does it say about me that every time I go to type thrush it comes out thrust?) :rotfl:

Says it all really!!! :rotfl:

Not sure on the thrush treatment when trying to conceive - might be an idea to ask the chemist? :think:

Just had a quick google and found this:

If thrush occurs in the first three months of pregnancy, your doctor may not want to prescribe you anything. Some of the following suggestions might be helpful.

• Apply a cloth soaked in witch-hazel, diluted tea tree oil or an ice pack to the inflamed outer area.

• Eat natural live yogurt which should help restore the proper bacterial balance in your vagina. You could also try applying the yoghurt topically to the affected area.

• Wear cotton underwear and avoid tight clothing such as jeans.

• Avoid long hot baths, or using perfumed bubble baths, which provide the ideal warm, moist environment in which the bacteria flourish.

Hope it helps :hug:

I can totally sympathize I am fairly sure I am getting it too so we didn't BD last night, problem is I am due to ovulate any day :wall:

I am going to go to the chemist this morning and take a tablet in the hope it gets rid of it quickly so we can do the deed in time!

Hope it clears up soon. x

Thanks girls - will try the ol' natural remedies first and see if they help!

I wouldn't take anything in the two week wait but if you're between af and ov then you should be ok, hope it goes soon, I'm very prone to it so you have my sympathy :hug:

It's okay to use the pessaries & cream when ttc/pg.
I get thrush a fair bit and use the pessaries and get rob to use the cream.
I also used them a couple of times when I was PG too.
Don't think you can take the tablets though, just the pessaries & cream.

Thanks!

It seems to be getting a bit better - I've been eating yoghurt and drinking cranberry juice like there's no tomorrow and it seems to be working. But definitely good to know it's probably ok to use a medical intervention if need be!

Glad it's clearing up, I used the pessary yesterday and so far so good :)

I have realised though what may cause it for me. I had just switched to a winter duvet, I never get thrush in the summer, so wandered if it is because I am too hot and sweaty in the night. :think:

We've switched back to a summer duvet to see if I get it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back