Sore thumb.

Hazel

Reaction score
Connie sucks her thumb A LOT! It's now very sore so I thought I'd put sudocreme on it and then put a scratch mit on top so she wouldn't suck it. So of course she sucked the sudocreme off through the scratch mitt and after a call to NHS direct who said not to worry as it's not poisonous but obviously not meant to be injested so I need another idea of what I can do to help her thumb heal. She gave up the dummy on her own two weeks ago and will spit it back out if I give it to her so she's definitely off that which is great but now she's a thumb addict and it looks bright red.

Have you got sleepsuits with fold over scratch mits sewn in? Next do them up to 6 months old. We always get Next sleepsuits and I liked them with the built in mits as they kept LO's hands warm at night, not for stopping him scratching. But does mean your LO won't be able to suck her thumb when they are on. Just get the sleeve wet from sucking is all.

Vaseline might help it too then put the scratch mits on its more greasy than Sudocream so could waterproof it a bit more lol. Also when I get chapped fingers in the winter from work I rub it in then put a plaster over and it heals in no time so might work on Connie too. :)

Oooo and vaseline gets put on peoples lips so it cant be too bad for you either, or probs less harmful that some other thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back