Sore coccyx

Olive

Reaction score
I've been reasonably lucky (famous last words) with back pain, but my god, my coccyx kills me at work. It's fine most of the time, no issues sitting or standing, but getting up from my chair is a fricking chore. It's been like this for weeks and they gave me a cushion but it's shit tbh. I squash it :roll: I can feel it today, which is a first, I think because it's building up at work so much.

Anyone else got this? Not sure what I can do. I've spoken to H&S and I don't know if they intend to do anything else, although I'm going to kick up a stink Monday, even if it means getting me a new chair. I don't want to be a pain in the arse (lol excuse the pun) but it's so sore when I go to get up!

xxx

I get that sometimes too.... but don't know what can you do about it!!!

I got a coccyx cushion for my chair at work. Basically a memory foam wedge, it's helped a lot. My bum does not go numb anywhere near as quick.

yeah im same as ninja, work gave me a sort of 'wedge' which attaches to the chair. ask for something like that, i would imagine a cushion isn't supportive enough.

on a seperate note, what did you get from gap today?? xx

I wonder if that's what I've got hun. It's a wedge and is foamy but not very firm so doesn't do much. I think I flatten it!! X

Ooh pos I'll post some pics :D xxx

I wonder if that's what I've got hun. It's a wedge and is foamy but not very firm so doesn't do much. I think I flatten it!! X

the 'wedge' thing i have cannot be squashed so it must be different xx

To be frank I'll lay bets I have a bigger and fatter arse than you hun. The one I've got is quite firm and unsquashable so I reckon you may not have a memory foam one.

i actually have a real problem with this, but asked my midwife about it, but she said its a pain they cant do much about and actually hard back chairs is the best '( crazy i know) xx

Thanks Pamii. It's painful isn't it? Hope yours eases up.x

I have had coccyx pain for years :(

there is a great stretch you can do, needs a partner though really

lie on your back and raise your leg to a 90 degree angle

get your partner to bend your leg as if you were going to sit cross-legged so your hip is wide, get them to bend the leg in towards the chest but DONT PUSH, add even pressure with their own body weight but dont push or wretch

its a Lovely stretch and really nice for the coccyx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back