anyone else suffering with coccyx pain

Welshhunniexx

Reaction score
for the past few days iv been getting really really bad pain in my coccyx. cant sit straight, can hardly walk and lieing in bed is pure agony.
ended up at out of hours docs at half 2 this morn as it was that bad. he ended up prescribing me coedine and was told to take 4 last night with 2 paracetamol and the pain would ease off...pah! did it hell.

is anyone else suffering and if so, how are you managing? im lucky if i get 2 hours sleep a night.

I get it hunny, I broke my back just above the coccyx a couple of years ago and it's agony! The ball is the most comfy place for me but if I'm on the sofa I sit on a pillow under each thigh so my coccyx is not actually touching the sofa. When I'm in bed is when it's worst, haven't quite figured it out yet and not sleeping very much either :(

:hug: I feel your pain xxxxxxxxx

I have suffered with this throughout, on and off - some days its fine others its agony. I mentioned it to my midwife and she said its usually associated with a previous injury... i have no recollection of anything so i can only put it down to alcohol induced falls!??!?!?!

x

Sorry to jump in (tri 2 girl here lol) i broke my coccyx about 5 years ago, it fully broke off and is kind of just floating in there near my bum. It has always been agony for me but since getting pregnant it is getting so much worse... i'm 4 months now and it's already locking when i try to get up. God knows what i will be like when i get to your stage in the pregnancy :(

yes i get really bad pain in my coccyx due to SPD, do you have SPD?? get your midwife to refer you to a physio and they will help. mine has eased recently as i have been given crutches to use when i walk (hence taking the weight of my pelvis and coccyx) pelvic floor exercises help aswell...but best thing to do is get to see a physio xxx

iv been sent down to maternity ward to get checked out. going to be waiting ages tho, think everyone is going into labour today lol x

it seems lije my second home at mo
must b gettin on there nerves lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back