Sore Bladder :(

MrsBrightside

Reaction score
I have been up all bloody night weeing... seems like every 4 hours. I honestly thought I was getting a water infection as it felt exactly the same as when it first starts! I have got up and the pain has gone but I was wondering if this could just be the wee lad having a good stomp on my bladder... does anyone know if that's how it would feel?? Like I say I dont think its an infection cause my pee is normal (well as normal as it has been since been pregnant) and there is no pain now??

Hun if it is your LO sitting/standing or even headbutting your bladder Im afraid its only going to get worse..........since about 20 weeks my LO has been head down and it makes a huge difference to the pressure on your bladder, I cant even walk anywhere for more than about 20 mins now without feeling the need to pee, even when I dont - its more of a nasty pressure feeling, and its really quite unpleasant!

I hardly got up to pee at all in Tri 1, then towards the end of Tri 2 and now in Tri 3 I am up at least 3-4 times a night every night and must pee 10+ times a day too...oh the joys of pregnancy :D

Keep an eye on it and if it gets any worse then get it checked, but if you dont think its an infection, then it sounds like the bladder pressure I get from my LO!

Hi hon

so sorry to hear you are suffering :hug:

I had this in my last pregnancy and was told its because my girl was putting pressure on my bladder. I know its hard, but try not to drink as much before going to bed if getting up is going to ruin your sleep and just keep a glass by your bed with a straw so you can sip if you get thirsty overnight - worked with me.

It might be worthwhile getting yourself checked out by your midwife just in case it is a water infection because of the pain.

Hope you feel better soon Xxx

Im going to keep an eye on it cause it still feels a little tender... like a burny feeling when I stretch is the only way I can describe it but ive had that feeling b4 when my body was changing inside at the start... im guessing its still changing im not that stupid but dont wanna get another water infection.... I just know from having them in the past that im normally in agony now with a water infection and its not as sore as that.

would I need to see my midwife or Dr for this cause my midwife only works on a tuesday so I wouldnt be able to see her till next tuesday anyway??

I'm not sure hun I need to wee lots in the night too but I don't have any pain at all. :hug: :hug:
Maybe give your doctors a ring just to make sure it isn't an infection :hug:

I dont normally have pain it was just last night and like I say if i stretch then it hurts a little... ummmm duno wot to do cause my drs prob wont have any appointments today anyway :(

you dont need an appointment, pop down and do a sample there and just hand it in to reception to be tested. You dont need pain on weeing to have an infcection or for your wee to look different. better to be safe than sorry :hug:

My drs is 30 miles away so its not easy to just drop a sample off :lol: im going to keep an eye on it cause im now thinking its not cause its not sore anymore. Maybe it was just my wee man dancing about :lol:

actually you can probably just get it tested at the hospital.

my mates just told me to send it by post :lol: nice and fresh when they get it :lol: LUSH :talkhand: aye I might see if lee will drop me down the hospital later if im still feeling crappy but I know with the past infections Ive had I wouldnt be able to stand up by now... My Nanna thinks its just cause ive got cold and might have a chill on my bladder and with him kicking about hes not helping! crandberry juice ... Im going to go out and get some now just incase!

I'm regularly needing the loo and when I'm not needing the loo I still feel pressure there, like I do need the loo - like Elliebelle says, it's really quite uncomfortable. But every now and then it eases off a teeny bit.

Sonographer said baby's positioned head down with its head pressing on my bladder, which explains a lot! I think he/she must get hiccups a lot too - nearly every day I feel something 'bumping' the inside of my bladder every ten seconds or so, and can go on for 15 mins at a time... Imagine someone repeatedly prodding your bladder when you really need a wee, it's not nice!

I'd prob just drink plenty of water and cranberry - at least if you've had infections before then you know what to compare to - and if it gets worse see the doc (or midwife next Tues).

K x

HollyHobby said:
you dont need an appointment, pop down and do a sample there and just hand it in to reception to be tested. You dont need pain on weeing to have an infcection or for your wee to look different. better to be safe than sorry :hug:

Yeah I agree with HH, better to be safe than sorry, at least if its not a wee infection then it can be ruled out, but women are so common to that sort of infection in pregnancy, and sometimes you can have barely any symptoms

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back