SOOOOO fed up....

Lyonsb

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Sorry I'm coming on here to have a bit of a moan...I'm just really fed up at the moment. EVERYTHING is getting on my nerves or making me either want to punch someone or burst into tears!

My job is really stressing me out...I work in admin for a University and some of my students honestly need their a£*es wiping for them I think. They are SOOOOO annoying. OR I just can't understand a word they are saying on the phone which makes life ten times harder...

I'm really getting myself worried about whether or not my baby is EVER going to move for me or not. Everyone I know seems to have felt their baby by now, or I even have a friend who said the other day that her Husband can hear the baby's heartbeat using an empty toilet roll...and I'm still not even convinced that mine is even moving about...

THEN - to add the icing on the cake today...My OH, who is in the Navy, text me to ask whether or not our 20 week scan can be made any earlier as he has to brief the Admiral at the same time as our appointment on 24th. It has REALLY annoyed me as he has had AGES to book the time off. He says that he did but they have cancelled it but I'm not convinced. Then he goes on about how he doesn't want to miss the scan etc. So I've changed it to 09:30 the same day but I refuse to make it a later date as I'm anxious enough as it is. I don't want to delay the scan even more, just because the bloody Navy can't get their selves sorted out.

And now I'm feeling really mean because obviously I don't want to deprive him of seeing our baby again. But why should I have to cause myself more anxiety by having to wait longer, all because of his flipping job?!?!

At work I just keep either wanting to burst into tears or just grab my handbag and walk out!

I really am fed up....and I'm fed up of feeling fed up...

boo :0(

Brooke x x

:hug: :hug:

Sounds like things are getting on top of you at the moment. Don't worry about not feeling movements yet, plenty of people don't feel it until later than 18 weeks and it doesn't mean that anything is wrong. I know waiting for the scan is stressful. I was really worried before mine and was finding it hard to sleep. But chances are everything will be fine with your baby.

Have a few early nights and evenings relaxing on the sofa. We all have bad days so you're not alone.

Firstly! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: You are definately not alone on the work thing - I'm not quite sure why but everyone around me lately has turned stupid! They are saying and doing stupid thing and it's driving me mad that they can't see how stupid they are! :talkhand: ( :shhh: Between you and me I think maybe we could put this one down to hormones but I'm not telling anyone else that :rotfl: )

Secondly! I didn't feel my bean until well into my 18th (possibly 19th) week and my friend didn't feel hers until 22 weeks. All books say 18 - 20 weeks so please try not to worry you sound perfectly normal. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thirdly! - No Way :talkhand: would I change the date of my scan like you say he's had plenty of time to inform them. I might change the time of the day like you have but I've have the raving ump about it for ages :x

And finally - burst into tears if you feel like it (you might want to do this bit at home though as it could look a tad unprofessional at work! :lol: ) it certainly makes me feel loads better and doesn't make you any less of a person and it doesn't mean you can't cope blah blah blah but with all those imbeciles out there in the world frustration has to come out somewhere! :rotfl:

Hope you're feeling a bit better soon :hug:

DO NOT worry about not feeling movements yet hun!! Your only 1 day ahead of me and i havnt felt nothing either :) Fingers crossed it will come for both of us soon! :pray: Hope everything works out for you and you feel better soon! :hug: :hug:

Ahhh cheer up chick, :hug: :hug: :hug:
U do need a good cry, helps me loads, and i don't care, i just cry :cry: :cry:
But seriously hearing the heartbeat with a toilet roll :think: :think: :think: , i'm not convinced - why don't u get a wee doppler so u can reassure yourself that everything is ok in there, i got one a month ago, its a great wee yoke, mind you i've only used it a few times,but still, when i'm in doubt and all that - plus it was me who was wondering why i wasn't feeling anythin from babs either - but it was just that i didn't know what it felt like until little mama 2 be pointed it out and low and behold u there it was, its only a teeny tiny wee flutter so u cud well miss it ! ! !
Hope you feel better soon, it sucks big time being in bad form......

hi hun, i am really sorry you are feeling so fed up, but beleive me you are NOT alone :hug: it is a stressful time as you wait for your scan, i got really stressed and it felt like the longest time...but im sure all will be well with baby and you will have a big worry taken off your mind.

I have spent most of this preg'y crying and being a really horrid person (i think), and it is good to let it out...and try to rest up and relax.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

xx tigger xx

dont wory about the movements im 19 weeks tomorrow n only felt slight movements yesterday.. i was really worried about it to so know what your on about... hope little baby moves for u soon :) xxx

Thanks everyone for your lovely messages...

I too thought that hearing the baby through a toilet roll was a tad unusual (but it didn't stop me sending my OH down to my tummy with one to try it lol) so I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that!

I'm not sure whether I've felt it move or not really. I've been able to relate to some of the ways that people have described it but I just thought that I would have more of a definite 'ooh was that it?!' moment...

My Mum bought this machine for me to hear the heartbeat which is like a big oval shaped thing that straps to your tummy. I tried it the other day but to be honest it would only really pick up swishing sounds and says on the info that it's best used from about 22 weeks so I probably shouldn't keep trying and worrying myself...

It just seems SOOOO long between your 12 week and 20 week scan, especially when you don't necessarily FEEL any different. You don't know what's going on in there or if the littlun is ok!

Boyfriend has said that he totally understands why I didn't want to change the date and that he'll be there no matter what...that made me feel a bit of a Hitler and I did tell him that if he wouldn't have been able to make it then of course I would have changed the date....but I would have kicked up a right fuss about it first! Haha...

x x x x

Mama 2 Be said:
Thirdly! - No Way :talkhand: would I change the date of my scan like you say he's had plenty of time to inform them. I might change the time of the day like you have but I've have the raving ump about it for ages :x

quote]

This really made me laugh...where abouts are you from as I ALWAYS say that things are giving me the RAVING 'UMP or the RAVERS! lol

x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back